Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel

CorollaTS05

ive found my corolla ts a lot heavier on fuel than my yaris ts, it feels like it uses twice as much lol, im putting about £70 a week in - sometimes more,when you thrash it you can almost watch the gauge constantly drop, i have nightmares about the corolla comp fuel guage!

Yeah they glug a hell of a lot of fuel . But still less than turbo cars with similar performance like seat leon cupra R and focus st . So the consumption isnt too bad the performance .

ive found my corolla ts a lot heavier on fuel than my yaris ts, it feels like it uses twice as much lol, im putting about £70 a week in - sometimes more,when you thrash it you can almost watch the gauge constantly drop, i have nightmares about the corolla comp fuel guage!

But how many miles are you getting for your £70? That's the real question. You could be driving 600 miles. But you could also be doing 100.

I get just under 400 from a tank of Esso Supreme, which is about £52.

about 450 mile fella maybe 480, although i do like a dose of lift here and there and everywhere really haha, id love to know what it sounds like with an induction kit on, heard it on u tube but it never really sound the same a the real thing.

they sound absolutly amazing with an induction kit . i highly recomend you get one .

i bet they do, my yaris t ssounded really nice with a blitz induction kit and it was pritty loud, the corolla ts sounds good standard so i bet id love one on my cts, what filter is on your mate? Do you know if theres much differences between the big three like k&n and apexi blits sound wise and performance wise? What are those cheap filters like on eBay for the cts, is it another case of buy twice with them, there like 80 - 100 quid...

ive got the KnN typhoon which im very happy with . the main 2 are the KnN and the apexi .they are both very good ,the KnN typhoon comes with a tube where as the apexi just has a filter . the KnN is quite a bit more expensive .

they both sound more or less the same maybe typhoon is a little louder . also get yourself some eibach/TTE springs they improve handling and the stance of the car without compromising ride quality.

I had the Apexi on my previous CTS and it amazing, would recommend it to anyone - you find yourself driving the longer route just because it has a tunnel or a built up street where you can really hear it roar.

DO IT

cheers fellas, think i will go for the apexi as id be worried about puddles with the typhoon being so low down. what are the cheap ones like, are they even made to fit, do they suppors the 02 sensor?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PIPERCROSS-INDUCTION...=item3eefdd6229

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-COROLLA-1-8-T...=item5d268b3184

cheers fellas, think i will go for the apexi as id be worried about puddles with the typhoon being so low down. what are the cheap ones like, are they even made to fit, do they suppors the 02 sensor?

there both situated in the same place .,

I fill up once a week, about £42 -£45 using V Power, get approx 300 - 330 miles per tank, which im more than happy with, mixture of soft and hard driving.

Apexi is well worth the money .......

If I fill my tank and drive to Southampton from my house, about 230 mile.. I have quarter of a tank left. lol.

I only get about 300 Mile from a tank. xD

Probably, Yes. try Nengun.com

what kit am i looking for as there is more than one Apexi?

or is it just the cone?

You get a small metal adapter also for the MAF sensor to sit in and to affix the cone to.

Unsure which one it is sorry as I've not got it.

I'm sure somebody else got one for their 1.4 though.

You get a small metal adapter also for the MAF sensor to sit in and to affix the cone to.

Think it was Ed Shek.... or cmh shek one of them anyway! :lol:

Also can't remember if they had a 1.4 or a 1.6 but the kit listed on Nengun did not work!!

Nengun eventually supplied a T Sport kit which worked fine... might be worth a search on here for the thread before anything is ordered!

:thumbsup:

Think it was Ed Shek.... or cmh shek one of them anyway! :lol:

Also can't remember if they had a 1.4 or a 1.6 but the kit listed on Nengun did not work!!

Nengun eventually supplied a T Sport kit which worked fine... might be worth a search on here for the thread before anything is ordered!

:thumbsup:

The 1.6 and the 1.4 are supposed to be the same. can i see a pic of yours from sky view? and how much was it?

The 1.6 and the 1.4 are supposed to be the same. can i see a pic of yours from sky view? and how much was it?

Thread here Clicky

4158_80178538677_681843677_1731097_6587098_n.jpg

The T Sport kit is £120.71 delivered....

It might be worth en email to Nengun first with reference to the linked thread above... see if they agree to go for the CTS version

I'd email Nengun first...

They don't list an A'PEXi for the 1.4 (4ZZ-FE)

They list one for the 1.6 (3ZZ-FE) and the 1.8 (2ZZ-GE)

The kit for the 1.6 didn't work on it but the CTS kit did....

Indeed it was me! ;) And yes it's the same kit for all Rollas..think its ZZE123 on Nengun.

Actually spoke to Ed Shek today! Said the civics not the same as a TS but what can you do! :P

Actually spoke to Ed Shek today! Said the civics not the same as a TS but what can you do! :P

Sell it and buy another T Sport? :huh:

:lol:

Sell it and buy another T Sport? :huh:

:lol:

Haha am sure he'd love to but don't think it would be very practical for the future.. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I had a Typhoon on my Yaris T-Sport, it took in a bit of water and cost £1500 in engine repairs. Then it did it again but I immediately switched the engine off and got it towed to a Toyota dealer. They said it was lucky I'd switched it off because it wasn't damaged. That kit kind of ruined the T-Sport for me so I sold the car. That was a mistake. :(

The moral of the story is avoid the K&N Typhoon. They advertise a performance increase but to be honest after fitting it my Yaris never performed the same. It was more gutless at higher speeds.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links