Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4agze Help Ae82

ae8286

got a problem with my corolla 4agze. what it does is wen i connect a Battery that has power and starts my 325i no problem to the corolla the engine managment light doesnt come on wen ignition is on but all the other electrics work and fuel pump kicks in.

then wen i put some booster leads on with my other car started the engine light comes on. but it still doesnt fire up and there is no spark.

it did this today but on thursday and i cleaned all the grounds and it still didnt start but all of a sudden it started to spark and it started.

i drove the car up my drive started it few times and put it back in the garage and left it. today i tried to start it and the above happened. its all a bit bizzare to me and frustrating.

the alternator is not hooked up could that be a problem but on the thursday it wasnt but it still started.

Any one know how i can check the ignitor.

its a 4agze with dli not a dissy. any help apprecaited

Right ;)

Firstly - BE CAREFUL! - You might end up 'frying' your ECU !!! :unsure: and 4AGZE ECU's ain't that common in Britain :D

Now lets see:

I presume when you say your other car (or the 'jump starter' car) is a 325i you mean BMW? - If so anything to do with 'The Battery' (be it jump starting to or from another car, disconnecting the Battery etc, etc.) on a BMW can cause 'unusual behaviour'.

The alternator could be part of the problem as this is not making up the 'circuit' - but then you say it started anyway the other day with out it.

You checked earth wires?

You still have a coil (despite no dizzy on this system)? - if so is HT lead connection clean; for I had this happen on my GTi.

The ignitor (or amplifier as Toyota call it) I would have thought would not have allowed the car to start at all; so why do you think it is this considering it started last Thursday?

:)

Hi mate does the car turn over (does the starter motor work)?

try connecting the whole electrical system up eg your alternator up see if that helps

I would check the igniter and the coil packs

If only you lived a bit closer I would have let you borrow mine :(

good luck mate

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links