Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla T Sport Mini Cooper Supercharged

frainy

hello there i was wondering if anyone could tell me witch is quickest the cts or the 1.6 supercharged mini cooper, only ask because i am going to a drag strip with my mate and runing against him thankyou frainy

we are quicker! my friend had one with upgraded front mount and full exhaust system didnt have a problem getting past him. One word of advise i reckon you will be close on the quater mile as when i did the quater mile with him i couldnt pul ahead. We trap at around mid 90mph, around 80mph is when the minis power dies so it will be close!!!!!

Bear in mind this was with my car having a typhoon only! and he had a few more mods so standard on standard you should breeze past.

as farhanali said you shouldnt have a problem through past experience. how old is the cooper s?

pre 2003 was 163bhp and 2004 went to 170bhp and ive found the 170bhp models cant quite keep up. Unless its a john cooper works s in which case your doomed i would have thought due to it having 210bhp.

on this subject does anyone know if the later 06 turbo charged cooper s's are faster than the old supercharged one, parkers shows the same stats but surely they cant be exactly the same??

I had a go against one. I Had a terrible start, i was caught sleeping! I soon pulled past it with ease, i was surprised how easy it was.

I had a go against one. I Had a terrible start, i was caught sleeping! I soon pulled past it with ease, i was surprised how easy it was.

thats good to know im gussing it was not the works one thoguht i would like to know how quick they are thoguht .

works one will leave you, the standard base models shouldnt be a problem. but i will say on the quater you need to have a good launch and precise shifting simply because they are rapid low end. its just top end they die.

Been in one too, very very nice gearbox in those mini's - definatly feels like shorter ratios and they are super quick as farhan says at the low end.

But yes i'd imagine that the smaller engine, less hp will give you an advantage past 70mph - but we dont have weight in our favour, so i'd throw the spare wheel and run on empty as I think they can run about 15 seconds on a quarter mile, but naturally it will depend on the driver. Looking our the league table, theres a lot of you with 15 secs so it should be interesting.

Shame about the run flats on the mini :) , they do have good traction though as the standard tyres are much wider profile than ours.

the run flats is also heavier (?). supercharged cars tend run out of puff in the top end, in theory the cts should have an advantage as the power is delivered at the top end! but by the looks of it, it already has been proven :) good luck and let us know how you get on

the run flats is also heavier (?). supercharged cars tend run out of puff in the top end, in theory the cts should have an advantage as the power is delivered at the top end! but by the looks of it, it already has been proven :) good luck and let us know how you get on

as big shark also says, they are full of torque down low, you dont want to catch one near obsticles they will shift quick. However straight line drag and top end you should be pulling away fairly easily.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links