Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Toyota Thread Let Me Know What You Think

rastaman1989

Hi mate, very nice car, good work. ;)

I wouldn't go for 18"s because they will give an awful ride, tyres will be ludicrously expensive, and it will ruin the handling. (Unless you buy light-weight rims, but they'll be really expensive.

Sorry KP but what a load of CRAP !!!!

What is that statement based on ?

Do you have an E12 sitting on 18s ?

Well i do and can tell you that Tyres are NOT ludicrously expensive and the Handling is fine.

Again IMO, Coilys are a waste of money unless you are going to use them to their full potential.....

I would however advise a 40 profile and not a 35, can be a little harsh when lowered 30mm on Eibachs .......... But looks sweet IMO

O.k. cool it, only need to say you disagree.

The statement is based upon what I have seen in other people cars and what they have reported back to me. I thought that it would apply to all cars, however I must be wrong when it comes to the T-Sport and for that my good man, I am sorry. :)

I'd remove the daft VVT-i badges from under the side indicators..... it's the wrong badge!! :lol:

This is what threw me thats why I asked if it was a t sport as these badges are usually only on the standard corolla.

Also sorry lads don't like the look of the likwid art badges they don't look right.

Various other members have said that and gone for a similar looking Badge that you can get imported, think they're mainly in the States and Aus.

They look as tough they are actually done by Toyota. I can't even find a Picture! lol.

I think i can explain i had a car accident last year car smashed right in to my drivers side i gave it to get repaired via my insurers and i think they might have put the wrong Badge on , i didnt even notice !

thanks for informing me guys

Car looks good fella, keep up the good work itl take my time i know from my experience.

8k hids look good with the blue too :thumbsup:

Try and get a tte spoiler i hate the rolla with out one, uchhh!! About wheels, im running 18" and they feel fine, i can't feel loss of power and love the look when lowered 45mm on springs handling could still be a little bit better but strut bars are next on my list front and rear :D

Anyway good luck :thumbsup:

I think i can explain i had a car accident last year car smashed right in to my drivers side i gave it to get repaired via my insurers and i think they might have put the wrong badge on , i didnt even notice !

thanks for informing me guys

That sounds about right...

I had my wing mirror replaced after some old sod smashed it off... bloody Clio drivers!! :lol:

Despite offering the repair garage the part number for the mirror they insisted they didn't need it....

The result? They fitted a standard Corolla electric mirror.... I quite enjoyed going back in and informing them that had they taken the part number i offered they could've ordered the correct Electric, Heated mirror in the first place!!

Morons!! All of them!! :lol:

coilovers arent a waste of money, handling is poor im unhappy on springs to much roll. and 18s defeat the object ....im guessing the 18" wheels most use are 18x7..........to thin to put power to the floor, more weight and yep expensive tyres.

think about it....both the celica and corolla were given 16s from stock pushing 18s along is more difficult and puts more stress on the driving components. also speedo might be out and remember just lowering the car is not going to do wonders the corolla has extremely poor handling pre facelift have the same set up as normal base models so ideally you really want to stiffen things up and get wider wheels on to put that 190 to the ground and eliminate wheel hop but also keep things light to make the best use of the power we have.

I never said "Coilovers are a watste of money" i said "Again IMO Coilys are a waste of money, unless you are going to use them to their full potential"

A world of difference.

Also you mention 18x7 being too thin to put power to the ground, is this not dependant on the tyre fitted ? i can fit 235s to my rims, is that still too thin, what would be wide enough?

Yes the Rolla is a poor handling car from stock, but IMO, springs have done enough for ME, i dont take my car on the track, i live in London where im either stuck in traffic on going over speed humps most of the time, so spending ££££ on coilys just makes no sense what so ever, im happy with the way it sits and drives for the environment i spend most of my time in, so "Putting the Power to the floor" does not happen very often.

Which brings me back to....

"Again IMO, Coilys are a waste of money unless you are going to use them to their full potential....."

To stress, it is ONLY my opinion

Lastly, Tyres are NOT that expensive for 18s ....... :D B)

Although it pains me to say it.... i agree with the Lexus Lighted Southerner :lol:

Coily's are brilliant if you're gonna use them a lot on the track.... but for the real world springs are prob the better option.

No point having a car that handles like an F1 car if you're in a 30mph speed limit :P

down to opinion yep i agree but regarding the 18s youll have baloon size tyres on that wide wheels running a 235 so the handling will feel like a boat!

Everything you do to your car is down to personal preference i agree with a few others that 18's are a bit too big and may affect handling but then if there are two members saying they dont then they mustn't. I'm on coilovers and have been for all the cars that iv had just the way i like it..

Back to rastaman1989...i say you go for the drop/lowering...its upto you whether you want springs or coilovers.. i would also recommend getting a solid front strut brace...noticed you have a prefacelift and they do lack in handling but with a drop and the front strut mine handles like a dream but will be doing a bit more for handling for track use.

Hope this helps.

Well, varied opinions are a good thing, at least there is food for thought, ultimately Rasta, your car and your decision.

N&C, take some pain killers fella .... :P

NOTE: Lexus Lights = the best mod anyone can spend their hard earnt ££ on .... ;) ..... still love em ..

NOTE: Lexus Lights = the best mod anyone can spend their hard earnt ££ on .... ;) ..... still love em ..

I'm gonna have to... i feel so ill :(

:lol:

I'm gonna have to... i feel so ill :(

:lol:

You too could have SEXY LEXUS LIGHTS, dont get jealous pal, get even and invest in a SEXY set too ..... :P ;) :D .... they compliment an A'pexi very well .... :yes::thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links