Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Light On Hmmm

frainy

well firstly a couple of weeks back my car was runing like a baag of nails and the engine managment light came on and the trc light and the vsc light in the end i changed my maf sensor and it runs fine lights off jobs a good un then a couple of days later the same lights come bac kon but runs smoth as you like still i took it to thte garage t get the code read and it was saying my car is runing to rich has anyone had this problem and if so how did you get across it ? but there is an actully code for the maf sensor cause i thogiuht it might be that hmmmm any input grately appreciated thankyou frainy

Did you clear the original code in the ECU after fitting the new MAF sensor ??

If the MAF is faulty, the ECU will go into fail safe mode (limp home as opposed to walk home) and put on the Engine Management Light - code P0100 will be stored in the ECU.

If the engine is running rich, the fault may lay elsewhere apart from the MAF and generally you will get fault code P0171 (engine rich).

Some of the things to check are :

PCV valve

Air induction system

Injectors

Mass air flow meter

Engine coolant temp. sensor

Fuel pressure ( regulator hose off/split )

Gas leakage on exhaust system

Heated oxygen sensor circuit faulty

Hope this helps

Mick

Genuine toyota air flow meter or e bay one?

yea it was a replica off eBay do you think that it is good enought to work but not as good as the proper one causeing it to have the engine lights on ?

thankyou for the reply i will look at all the problems u just said will keep u posted thankyou frainy

I bought one of those before. I had the same problem with it, engine ran to rich with it.

I bought one of those before. I had the same problem with it, engine ran to rich with it.

ar right ok i will get a proper one did u get u get the lights as well ? frainy

Yea all three

Yea all three

thnakyou for all your help frainy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links