Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Where To Start?

SpeedyClarky

Hey there everyone im new to these forums so il introudce myself a lil, my names dan im 19 just bought a corolla 1.4vvti 3dr t3 2002. Its done just over 30k miles payed 3,500 for it so im hoping it will last me a few years as i have been through like 5 cars already. My first was the toyota yaris and i loved it which is why i bought another toyota.

Anyway enough about me im planning on spending a fair amount of money on the car but over the next year or so, here is what i would like:

Tinted windows

alloys

Brakes

Strut Bar

New exhaust/backbox/manifold

Air filter

Coileys

and not sure on body kit yet as i dont want it looking OTT just to turn a few heads.

I have looked around at some of the website links, this might be a newb question but whats E11 and E12 i mean im looking at prices and stuff for my toyota but what is mine E11 or E12.

Anyone got any recommendations or where to start lol.

Anyway heres a pic all comments appretiated.

Cheers dan.

post-87528-1260917221_thumb.jpg

post-87528-1260917229_thumb.jpg

Hey dan! Yours is E12, thats the chassis type, your gonna need that when orderin parts n bits for it! Look for a boot spoiler n some side skirts, nice rolla!

Hey dan! Yours is E12, thats the chassis type, your gonna need that when orderin parts n bits for it! Look for a boot spoiler n some side skirts, nice rolla!

Oh cheers mate thought would be something simple lol.

Just had a look at the K&N website at air filters and induction kits, has anoyone fitted any of these and can you notice much performance difference?

Has anyone fitted a typhoon kit aswell because i have never had one what sort for bhp increase would i look at for one of those.

Also if anyone has any other air filters or induction kits they have that they recommend cheers

Oh cheers mate thought would be something simple lol.

Just had a look at the K&N website at air filters and induction kits, has anoyone fitted any of these and can you notice much performance difference?

Has anyone fitted a typhoon kit aswell because i have never had one what sort for bhp increase would i look at for one of those.

Also if anyone has any other air filters or induction kits they have that they recommend cheers

By fitting an induction kit you will not feel much difference on a 1.4... if you going to get one it will have to be cause you want to give the car a meaty sound...

dont do it - look after the car until you can insure something better. why depriciate it and make yourself look like a t1t making loads of noise and not going anywhere. we've all been their and most of us wish someone had told us the same. your 19 so spend your spare money partying - by the time your sick of that you can afford to insure a decent car and spend your spare cash on that. trust me!

unless you want to be one of them lads that drives around town and the only girl he gets to lay is some 15ys old teeny bopper who cant get into a club?

To the comment above I don't really agree with that as there is a lot of people on here with induction kits and exhausts and wouldn't call them boy racers.

To be fair mate people said this to me as I'm 18 and only have the 1.4 but seeming as I'm going have the car for a few years I want to mod it.

I would say get the handling sorted eg strut bars and anti roll bars from whiteline.

Get springs or coilovers.

With typhoon kit there's not much to get out of a 1.4 but they are much faster than most cars of it's type. Just today I was only a car length dif with me and a 2ltr astra boy racer said he couldn't get away from me so it was nice to see the look on his face when I said mine was a 1.4 lol.

But do what you want it's your car jis keep it simple don't get body kits try skirts and lips.

dont do it - look after the car until you can insure something better. why depriciate it and make yourself look like a t1t making loads of noise and not going anywhere. we've all been their and most of us wish someone had told us the same. your 19 so spend your spare money partying - by the time your sick of that you can afford to insure a decent car and spend your spare cash on that. trust me!

unless you want to be one of them lads that drives around town and the only girl he gets to lay is some 15ys old teeny bopper who cant get into a club?

Speaking to people tho insurence doesnt seem to drop until your 25 so i have a few years yet, especially as i have 3 points aswell. I work 60 hours a week and drive alot for work so i spend a good few hours in the car everyday so im just looking for ways to increase its power a little but dont want to spend money if its going to do ubik all.

To the comment above I don't really agree with that as there is a lot of people on here with induction kits and exhausts and wouldn't call them boy racers.

To be fair mate people said this to me as I'm 18 and only have the 1.4 but seeming as I'm going have the car for a few years I want to mod it.

I would say get the handling sorted eg strut bars and anti roll bars from whiteline.

With typhoon kit there's not much to get out of a 1.4 but they are much faster than most cars of it's type. Just today I was only a car length dif with me and a 2ltr astra boy racer said he couldn't get away from me so it was nice to see the look on his face when I said mine was a 1.4 lol.

But do what you want it's your car jis keep it simple don't get body kits try skirts and lips.

Oh right yeh what car have you got and wat ya done to it? Thats what i want i dont want it to be amazingly fast cus i no it wont be nor do i want it to do 140 because i wont be going that fast lol i just want it to be quick for a 1.4.

So im going to be getting and air filter and possiably an induction kit just want to know who has got one and do they recommend it because theres a few i have seen but i would just get the K&N because i have had one from them before and i could notice the difference.

I have a T2 but will have the same engine as you have the T2,T3 just shows what spec the can may have eg i don't have air con you may do?

i don't think you will notice any power gains from a typhoon kit this is why i made this to my corolla and saved myself about 170pounds http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...howtopic=104758 and it sounds amazing and only cost my 30pounds.

but i have a K&N panel filter thats only a month and a half old for 25 pounds posted?

Best things to do are going to be air filter and cat back then stop there for the engine or you may as well ***** money away.

But you can go for the handling just as much as the Tsports do on here. I just got a Whiteline ARB and just that alone makes a massive difference though in the wet can get a little over steer but thats fun lol

cool things to do are

Anti roll bars eg top front and lower front and rear top and rear lower.

Springs or Coilovers

Intake and cat back

Tints

skirts

rear lip and front lips

TTE spoiler

alloys

Thats all im planning on doing to my corolla then it will handle really well and look good IMO.

hhhuuuuummmmm, something makes me think astra boy dont know how to drive his car, do you mean it was a opc - or think vxr there called in england, that put out 220bhp, yours standard is 97, induction kit brining it to what - 104bhp, just dont see that sorry,

lad do what you want with your car, its yours, put a mad kit on it if you want, just remember, what you do to a car and how you drive it says alot about the person, just keep that in mind as you go along

hhhuuuuummmmm, something makes me think astra boy dont know how to drive his car, do you mean it was a opc - or think vxr there called in england, that put out 220bhp, yours standard is 97, induction kit brining it to what - 104bhp, just dont see that sorry,

lad do what you want with your car, its yours, put a mad kit on it if you want, just remember, what you do to a car and how you drive it says alot about the person, just keep that in mind as you go along

To be fair he only said it was a astra 2.0

so could of been the Vauxhall Astra Hatchback (98-04) 2.0i 16V SRi 3d - 134 bhp... but i agree he must be a crap driver to let the 1.4 keep up

and the induction kit taking it from 97bhp to 104bph?? 7 Bhp from a induction kit??? don't start that again!!

Back on topic my brother is in the same situation

- 04 seat ibiza 1.4 sport

he wants to buy stuff for his car, but will get very little gains performance wise and only wants to make subtle changes to the styling

i keep telling him to save his money and spend it on his next car (T sport) as he is already paying out his ***** for insurance

Short term pain long term gain

but hey, its up to you

ah yeah it wasn't the newest astra sri engine and wasnt the oldest astra but had body kit that was making it heavy.

yo don't need to believe me i was there.

Spend your money to get your engine from 1.4 to 1.8.You get 35 new ponies with the same engine with the same ecu:-))

This is new to me how do we go about this?

You need to change a lot of things from the engine and from 4ZZ-FE you will get 1ZZ-FE.Same engine like toyota avensis.Do you have that car in the uk?Just buy bigger injectors and that's fit also from the car.

1ZZ-FE

General http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_G_2006_TOYO...EMEKH_1302.html

Japan http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_J_2006_TOYO...AWMEK_1302.html

3ZZ-FE

UK http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_2006_TOYO...HMNKW_1302.html

We have 2 mechanist from toyota hungary and they built 4 cars like that:-))

ah yeah it wasn't the newest astra sri engine and wasnt the oldest astra but had body kit that was making it heavy.

yo don't need to believe me i was there.

yous should know by now we only get crap over here, 1.4s and 1.6s, i could be wrong but dont think you could buy a 2.0 petrol astra in irelandfor the 98-04, and jonnnnnnnnnnnno iam not doubting you, just saying he should have pulled away, iav seen me keeping up / close to things i thought would walk away from me.

97bhp is pretty good for a 1.4, hell the golfs are only 75 and you can feel its only 75, no poke in them at all, if i were you ild prob go lip kit, wheels and maybe rear tints for the jdm look if your in to that, but its your car lad

It wasn't the oldest shape but not the newest shape think like the 2001 or suing like that.

This was also in the wet I had a bad launch he didn't and wasn't a massive distant before we had to brake for the lights.

I was just glad I was thinking it was a 1.6

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links