Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Many Miles Do You Get?

Zulley

If I take the IQ to work, mostly out of town roads, I get 52-54 mpg, if my wife takes it, in town, it falls to 48-50, she does mainly stop-start stuff, mine is free flowing.

37.04mpg around town and I am still running in..., not impressed :angry: I get more from the wife's aygo with the same engine.

Also that 2nd gear notch going down the box is really annoying me now.... :censor:

Apart from that I love it, shame we cant have the 1.5vvt engine like the americans or the 1.4d4-d engine like the french or belgians

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• telecasterisation

• BarryIQ

• turniphead

• curly kittten

I've got IQ2 1.0 and now in winter conditions in heavy London traffic (sometimes really bad) it gives around 46 mpg (avarage) with heater and head lights on...so I'm quite surprised to hear that someone gets 38 or so...

I've had my base model IQ since May 2009 when initial performance and mpg was dreadful... HOWEVER, by the time I had 4,000 miles on the clock 55mpg was my normal consumption on hilly country roads... and with quick smooth acceleration up to 60mph in 2nd gear I use it - safest way to overtake on these roads!

Take heart new owners, it gets much better!

At the Moment, I'm stuck driving my IQ3 around town streets... stop start... stop start.. But still surprisingly good adveraging ***45mpg***

Glad I have the Roadster for economy ;) ...............Last fuel up 44.2mpg :rolleyes::lol:

Totally agree, I've got an iq1 and it is struggling to return 40 mpg. Page 17 of the brochure claims 65.7 mpg ! Toyota have told me that this is not their figure, but an official government one, based on factory test conditions. I cannot for the life of me understand why a reputable manufacturer would claim in all their literature, as well as displayed in the showroom, a milage which is, according to the experiences of the majority of their customers, pretty much unobtainable. I'd be really interested to hear of any owner whose car is actually acheiving anything like this figure.

Glad I have the Roadster for economy ;) ...............Last fuel up 44.2mpg :rolleyes::lol:

Totally agree, I've got an iq1 and it is struggling to return 40 mpg. Page 17 of the brochure claims 65.7 mpg ! Toyota have told me that this is not their figure, but an official government one, based on factory test conditions. I cannot for the life of me understand why a reputable manufacturer would claim in all their literature, as well as displayed in the showroom, a milage which is, according to the experiences of the majority of their customers, pretty much unobtainable. I'd be really interested to hear of any owner whose car is actually acheiving anything like this figure.

Went for a 40 mile run this morning half on our local coastal A road and half coming back on a dual carriageway and got an mpg figure of 56, and I was just driving normally, not trying to be economical.That was starting from cold with a very cold mist in the air.

I have had an average of 63mpg in the past after a 120mile run on the A68, keeping up with the traffic and overtaking when required.

So I am happy with that.

i've had a 1.0 since November and got the dodgy fuel/trip display too. Definitely an official problem and dealer committed to fix (replace odometer). MORE WORRYINGLY, fule consumption is absolutely disasterous - driven carefully and inline with the green up/down arrows is giving LOW 40s!!! Dealer has now done extended tests and checks directly from ECU and recorded 42.3mpg. Toyota seem content to say the 65mpg figures is not there's (see VCA.org) but at the same time are happy to heavily promote this vehicle's economy and the combined cycle figures. Anyone else feel they've been duped and ripped off??!!

You are lucky mate that you are getting low 40s. I am getting around 34-35 MPG and the dealer did all kind of tests and kept the car to do their own tests and they confirm that the best they can do is 35MPG for IQ2. I feel cheated and totally ripped off. I spoke to TOYOTA customer services and they are hopeless as hell. All they can do is that the dealer confirms that the consumption is 35MPG and there is nothing wrong with the car.

My Lexus IS200 with a straight six engine used to give me 34-38 MPG on the same stretch. I am disappointed to say the least.

I thought I was losing my mind - I have had my 1.33 auto for 800 miles now and after carefully logging 5 tanks of fuel I am getting 31 - 33 MPG. That's actually worse than my 3.2 merc I part exchanged. I have the most uneconomical model of the range I know, but the literature / sales team sold me on the fact it averages 45 - 65mpg. I can't get anywhere near this advertised worse case scenario unless I push it to work. Which fortunately takes less effort than it would with my merc.

I have a little hope from previous posts stating the economy will improve with time - but I am driving like miss daisy at the moment and I can't see the figures doubling? Have spoken to Toyota who have suggested they will test the car themselves - but they are only going to waste days proving what I already know and then just tell me "tough luck mate".

Its such a pity - I love the iQ, but my much loved 3.2 merc is probably laughing its Badge off right now as I gave it away to save money on fuel......

I thought I was losing my mind - I have had my 1.33 auto for 800 miles now and after carefully logging 5 tanks of fuel I am getting 31 - 33 MPG. That's actually worse than my 3.2 merc I part exchanged. I have the most uneconomical model of the range I know, but the literature / sales team sold me on the fact it averages 45 - 65mpg. I can't get anywhere near this advertised worse case scenario unless I push it to work. Which fortunately takes less effort than it would with my merc.

I have a little hope from previous posts stating the economy will improve with time - but I am driving like miss daisy at the moment and I can't see the figures doubling? Have spoken to Toyota who have suggested they will test the car themselves - but they are only going to waste days proving what I already know and then just tell me "tough luck mate".

Its such a pity - I love the iQ, but my much loved 3.2 merc is probably laughing its badge off right now as I gave it away to save money on fuel......

Did some digging around and I think the culprit is the CVT gearbox. I have been told that all the automatics have a very poor economy. Is that correct? can someone please confirm. MY IQ2 1.0 CVT is around 33 MPG.

Its such a pity - I love the iQ, but my much loved 3.2 merc is probably laughing its badge off right now as I gave it away to save money on fuel......

Did some digging around and I think the culprit is the CVT gearbox. I have been told that all the automatics have a very poor economy. Is that correct? can someone please confirm. MY IQ2 1.0 CVT is around 33 MPG.

Our Iq2 cvt returns between 48 and 55mpg per complete tank. "Pixie" has done 2500 miles and we're hoping she gets even better

Hi,

Had my IQ now for 3 months and already done over 3500 miles. As much as I would love to go on about the various benefits I will stick to mpg for this post.

I averagely get 55/57 mpg, with minimal effort.

I do reckon I could improve that to 60/62 mpg, but only on motorways/a roads without traffic.

Many people have said after 3000 miles the engine performance increases, I believe this is very little in relation to driving techniques.

My tips for getting better MPG

1.) Watch the MPG clock in relation to the pedal. I personally see a massive difference if I put my foot down just a little more than absolute need.

2.) Build up speeds on downhills avoid massive acceleration on up hills if possible.

3.) Avoid excessive accelerating.

What do people find the optimum speed for driving the IQ, i find its a 63mph... and by 70mph its pretty low mpg.

Also does the mpg clock reflect the gadgets you use? or is it only an estimate?

• 2 weeks later...

I've had mine for just over a month now and avg. between 55-58mpg. The most I've had it at is 71.2mpg but that was on the M6 averaging 65mph.

She's only done just over 1500miles and I typically have a 42mile round trip to work and back. The drive is long with 6 stops for roundabouts but that's it for the most part. My typically weekly fill up has dropped from £45-55 to £25-30 so I'm quids in either way =0)

• 2 weeks later...

The best I've got so far is 250miles before the last block starts flashing... So how many miles per gallon is that?

The best I've got so far is 250miles before the last block starts flashing... So how many miles per gallon is that?

47 :eek: ish

I did a bit of motorway driving yesterday and cruising along the adverage is showing 55mpg after doing 50 miles and thats in a hilly area... The guys living in Yorkshire must adverage 60+ lol

I am still averaging 55mpg and thats with 17k miles on the clock and a real mix of country lanes to motorway (and everything in between).

I am still averaging 55mpg and thats with 17k miles on the clock and a real mix of country lanes to motorway (and everything in between).

Lucky you. After three fill ups ours is averaging about 40mpg.

Give it another thousand miles or so and it will increase as it loosens up, although you do have the 1.3 engine and mine is only the 1 litre.

got 330 odd miles out of a full tank (probably could've been more but i filled up round about 30 miles after the fuel indicator started flashing). this was a round trip from glasgow to newcastle. lots of hills and for a while really rainy and windy weather. average mph 60-70. i thought the car coped rather well.

Mine seems to be getting better now. I do a 90 mile commute and after 3 months, it does better than 50mpg. The drive is mixed motorway and Blackwall tunnel queue. What makes a huge difference to me is my top speed on the motorway. If I stick to 60 it's great (but no fun!) If I sit in the outside lane and keep my foot down it's not so good (but it makes me happy!)

I can now quantify the price of happiness. It's 15mpg :D

This last week I've been doing mostly combined driving and adveraging 52mpg according to my mpg a meter lol.... No 3 bad

I seem to be averaging at around 47-54 mpg, depending on where I fill-up. If I use a garage at the top of a big hill on my commute, the gauge will stay on 60+ till I've used half a tank or so. Refill on the flat and I'm lucky to see 50 mpg. Due to this inconsistancy, I try to ignore it!!

To be honest, I'd rather not have the feature as it's turned me into some obsessive petrol watcher!!!!!!!

Just done 344 miles up M11 and back to London (day out looking at English Heritage and NT sites)Put 23.23 litres of fuel in = 67.3MPG.

Motorway, not driving like a fool but keeping up with most of the traffic. Have done 4750 miles.The av fuel consumption stuck at 60 mpg still got the faulty 60 max reading. Wish I could get this sort of figure going to work.

Mine seems to be getting better now. I do a 90 mile commute and after 3 months, it does better than 50mpg. The drive is mixed motorway and Blackwall tunnel queue. What makes a huge difference to me is my top speed on the motorway. If I stick to 60 it's great (but no fun!) If I sit in the outside lane and keep my foot down it's not so good (but it makes me happy!)

I can now quantify the price of happiness. It's 15mpg :D

Outside lane's for overtaking only.

It does annoy me when people hog it. :(

My fuel consumption on the 1.3 getting better all the time. Driving around town, up and down lots of hills around derbyshire, braking lots, short 1 mile trips, getting about 38-40.

On motorway/a roads, and um, private land.

at 50mph, getting near as dammit 60mpg on a flat

60 mph about 55mpg

70mph about 50mpg

80 about 45mpg

90mph about 40-42mpg

100+ drops to around 37mpg. (cornering does start to lack a bit of directness at this speed, probably due to the girly power steering.)

jimbo747: Testing the limits, so you don't have to :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links