Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

K&n Typhoon

Kyle1988

When fitting the K&N Typhoon to my car do i follow the first set of instuctions on the k&n website for 2002-2004, or the 2005 and compressor ones ?

My Cars an 04 corolla t sport but is the facelift which is why am wondering which instructions to use.

Either.... the only changes pre and post facelift were cosmetic :thumbsup:

Either.... the only changes pre and post facelift were cosmetic :thumbsup:

Ah right cheers for clearing that one up

Wrong! :P

Follow the Instructions from the website. Instructions that come in the box are for pre-facelifts.

The vacuum hoses are set up different and will make your CEL, TRC and VSC lights come on if blocked or setup incorrectly. Personal experience speaking... xD

You could listen to Key.... but his warning lights keep randomly coming on....

Not sure he knows what he's doing to be honest....

:P :lol:

Gaz, nothing to do with my Typhoon. :P

Do you not recall Ricc asking why the vaccum hoses were different at the last meet we had? :P COlin also knows as he's now changed to a Compressor. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well the place i had my typhoon fitted followed the 2004 instuctions and it came up with the 3 lights. So i took it back to blank off the vacuum lines as per 2005/compressor instructions, however i seemed to have miss place the blue and white thing that was on the vacuum line out off the throttle body.

so i have just connected the vacuum lines without it will this be ok ??

• 4 weeks later...
Gaz, nothing to do with my Typhoon. :P

Do you not recall Ricc asking why the vaccum hoses were different at the last meet we had? :P COlin also knows as he's now changed to a Compressor. ;)

Hey man new member nice to meet u. I fitted my typhoon kit at the weekend and i got the 3 light on the dash. I then when back and refitted the vacume hose as per 2005 and older spec. do u think after another 3 cold starts the light will go off ?

Remove two 15 amp fuses from the fusebox undeer the bonnet, that'll reset the lights and put the car back to normal.

So dose it sound to you that i changed the vacum pipe to the correct configuration now? Coz of my car being the 04 facelift model i assumed it must be the 2005 onwards spec on the fitting sheet that i shud change it to.

Yes, Even if it is an 04, it's still a facelift and the hoses will be set up slightly different than the PFL.

Yes, Even if it is an 04, it's still a facelift and the hoses will be set up slightly different than the PFL.

Key, put your thinking cap on, mine was an 04 and a PFL.

Dug out the fitting insructions for my powertec (they were based on a 02) and they are more in tune with the K&N FL guide lines, so when I do fit it on the Comp at the long awaited RR day it should be quite interesting. :unsure:

Colin, I have. ;) There's is a very select few on -04 that are facelift. And from what he's saying his is a Facelift. :D

Yeah it is the 04 facelift which is why i was abit confused with the fitting instructions, but it all seems fine now. I changed it to the 05 onward spec and pulled the 2 fuses and now my traction control is workin again and there r no warning lights on the dash so thanks alot and man the induction kit sounds mean lol. i'll put a pic up 2moro if anyone is intrested.

So here is the finished product :thumbsup: and i also included a pic of the vacum hose set up on me 04 facelift for future reference.

Hope u like.

post-89378-1264788889_thumb.jpg

post-89378-1264788946_thumb.jpg

Ach, might as well stick up for fatty here.

The Vacum hose arrangement is different on the PFL to FL, Ive had Kearons parked next to mine and played spot the difference.

So Col, fancy having a run at pod? I fancy the idea of my PFL Vs. your Comp. ;)

So here is the finished product :thumbsup: and i also included a pic of the vacum hose set up on me 04 facelift for future reference.

Hope u like.

Keep your eye on the little black wire going into the MAF, looks like its under strain to me ;)

cool, so u completely deleted the VSV and just nipped off the first t junction?

Yeah i need to do that so i dont start having any problems with it pulling out. Is it a hard job coz i'm not great with wiring?

hmmmm your in cov. if you want me to do it one weekend im happy to do so. im only down the road in northampton.

if you want to do it yourself, just make sure your good with soldering, and then its a doddle.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links