Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

K&n Typhoon

Kyle1988

Ill give you a shout dude, ill persuade Marc to come up at the same time too as he is only down the road (40 mins southbound M1) and is always up for a blast and car based shenanigans.

Ill give you a shout dude, ill persuade Marc to come up at the same time too as he is only down the road (40 mins southbound M1) and is always up for a blast and car based shenanigans.

Sounds like a plan matey let me know when u wanna meet up. thanks scotty.

Mines an 02 pfl, do i set my vacuum hoses the same? My typhoon is goin on tomorow.

The instructions say to do it the same as this one on this topic.

Your's will be different from mine as it is the pre face lift. You shud follow the 2002 - 2004 instructions which will include pluging the manifold, where as on mine where i pluged the T peice (as shown in the second pic of my older post) Hope this helps i was abit confused when i fitted mine a couple of weeks ago.

Your's will be different from mine as it is the pre face lift. You shud follow the 2002 - 2004 instructions which will include pluging the manifold, where as on mine where i pluged the T peice (as shown in the second pic of my older post) Hope this helps i was abit confused when i fitted mine a couple of weeks ago.

the instructions arent very clear, the pics are poor on the sheets.

Thanks for clarifying that for me.

I too thought the instructions were 'pap' John. Best thing to do is pop the bonnet, get a decent amount of light so you can see whats going on then just read through the instructions first simply identifying the parts they talk about.

Thanks for the tips, my boss is off tomorow so i got plenty of time to do it, lol

will take my time with it. Wanna make sure its right.

Yeah totally.

I decided that the first job was to extend the MAF wiring before I even removed any of the existing setup. That way I knew I would be free and easy when it came to connecting it back up once the SRI pipe was in place.

Foot note.... I extended the MAF wiring by 3 to 4 inches. :)

*Edit* I did mine at work too when my boss was out of office. lol.

the instructions arent very clear, the pics are poor on the sheets.

Thanks for clarifying that for me.

no problem mate, the last thing u want is to get the vacume hoses wrong and have a load of warning lights come up on the dash. Thats what happened to me :( but this the ''K&N typhoon'' thread helped me out

After reading this thread im not sure if i followed the pre or post facelift instructions (mines a facelift model)

Would it cause/have caused any problems if i followed the wrong fitting guide?

Cheers

After reading this thread im not sure if i followed the pre or post facelift instructions (mines a facelift model)

Would it cause/have caused any problems if i followed the wrong fitting guide?

Cheers

if you have your warning lights on for your vsc then you have a minor problem, if not your ok to go!!

just put mine on today, no warning lights or anythin, had to extend my wires by 4 inch.

just bit worried bout how close the live terminal on the Battery is to the pipe!!

No warning lights, so guess i must have got lucky and fitted it right.

does anyone elses make a strange noise when you start and turn off the engine?

It sounds mega, especially when lift kicks in!!

As if lift wasnt addictive enough lol.

You was right ricc, had to extend maf wires by 4 inch. Nicley solder'd and heat shrinked then insulated.

Took an hour start to finish.

Mine has a **** job on the extension.. maybe Ricc has to save me again ;)

Save you? from what? certain humiliation at pod when ure engine goes into limp mode leaving me to take the WIN B)

John, thought you might have to! an additional 4 gives you room to have it routed neatly and under no strain at all (which is how it should be)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links