Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen3 And Snow?

SilverT4

Just wondering if anyone has driven their gen3 in snow yet and how did it perform.? Only a light covering in my area so haven't had chance to try it yet.

My previous gen2 was ok, but my previous car was almost impossible to get off my drive in just a light snow fall, so am hoping the Gen3 will be ok.

Just wondering if anyone has driven their gen3 in snow yet and how did it perform.? Only a light covering in my area so haven't had chance to try it yet.

My previous gen2 was ok, but my previous car was almost impossible to get off my drive in just a light snow fall, so am hoping the Gen3 will be ok.

I drove to Northampton and back early this morning and encountered reasonable amounts of snow in places. The car never put a foot wrong but, I did put 15" wheels and Continental 195/65 Winter Contact tyres on it last week.

20091218Track.jpg

i stopped in harrogate overnight last night, and as grumpy cabbie will hopefully testify their was a noticeable amount of snow fell.

when i came out to my car this morning their was approx 2 inch of snow on it.

after clearing the snow off i then managed to drive home via the owlcoats centre in leeds where there was a good covering in the car park and the car never even bothered about their being snow on the ground, infact when it did start to sense the wheels slipping on some ice in the car park it just backed the throttle off and actived traction control.

very easy and seamless.

i stopped in harrogate overnight last night, and as grumpy cabbie will hopefully testify their was a noticeable amount of snow fell.

when i came out to my car this morning their was approx 2 inch of snow on it.

after clearing the snow off i then managed to drive home via the owlcoats centre in leeds where there was a good covering in the car park and the car never even bothered about their being snow on the ground, infact when it did start to sense the wheels slipping on some ice in the car park it just backed the throttle off and actived traction control.

very easy and seamless.

Yeah it's been quite snowy here but the car has generally been ok. At first I didn't like it that I can't turn the traction control off, but then I realised that if you keep it in EV mode it can climb snowy/icey hills easily - just very slowly. The traction control still works in EV but the power transfer seems smooth. A case of tortoise over hare though.

The snow has somewhat lowered my fuel economy too :o

I was catching up last night with Priuschat and reading about those people in Canada driving their Prius in -30 or -40 C! :blink::eek:

It just doesn't bare thinking about! :o

Stay safe everyone. :thumbsup:

Was able to try out my Prius climbing our steep hill covered in black ice with a bend towards the top.

A couple of cars had tried and failed because they couldn't make the turn.

The Prius in ECO mode made a steady ascent and at the turn, the traction control kicked in and I was able to steer round the bend and onto the flat. No spinning wheels, no sliding off to one side it was very impressive.

Was able to try out my Prius climbing our steep hill covered in black ice with a bend towards the top.

A couple of cars had tried and failed because they couldn't make the turn.

The Prius in ECO mode made a steady ascent and at the turn, the traction control kicked in and I was able to steer round the bend and onto the flat. No spinning wheels, no sliding off to one side it was very impressive.

Well done. That's good to hear. I keep reading of the need to switch of Traction Control to get started on snow and ice, though, as far as I am aware, there is no option to switch it off on the Prius.

I have driven a fair bit on snow and ice in the last few days and must say that mine has never put a foot wrong. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links