Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cts Exhaust

H13RNC

Need your help lads - I have an aftermarket cat back system currently fitted and I need to put it back to standard which I dont have being the idiot I am!

I called my local jemca -edgware road and they quoted me over 1K for the full system including gaskets, fittings etc

My question is, is this right? Do I need to buy the full system even tho I had it fitted from the cat? If not then what bits do I need to put it back to standard?

Any Ideas, please help! I cant even find a srap one either.

Thanks in advance

H :thumbsup:

Hey fella,

Surely you only need the backbox to make it sound the same. The piping from the cat wont make any difference to the noise & also its stainless steel which means it wont rust or corrode so the system you have now is better than the original. Just find or buy an original back box :thumbsup:

p.s please quote me if im worng!!! :thumbsup:

I'd agree with Bridges...aslong as you get the backbox you should be okay the remainder of the exhaust is nothing major might be abit louder but not a huge diference.

Just like the two guys above have said, as I was looking to sell my car back to Toyota they were going to keep the custom exhaust system on the car and just change the backbox... this is on an SR but im sure the same applies with CTS

Ok I'll do that... why is an aftermarket backbox louder then the standard box? I always thought its to do with the pipes.

So who's got a standard box they can sell me? Or swap with the one I have its done 5k?

Ok I'll do that... why is an aftermarket backbox louder then the standard box? I always thought its to do with the pipes.

So who's got a standard box they can sell me? Or swap with the one I have its done 5k?

jumping on the back of this, i have the standard t sport back box for sale if you need it

how is ur one looks like, i may able to swap

The noise levels are related to the Baffles in the boxes, after market systems are louder because they have fewer Baffles in the boxes, the result of this is better gas flow hence slight performance increases. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys.

10 ft man- what's the condition of it and how much u looking delivered? Or where is collection?

Kintung01- ill take some pictures of it and I'll show you, I take it you have a t sport, what's the condion of your backbox? Or many miles has it done?

Anyone else have one to sell, I'm trying to get one as cheap as possible.

Cheers

Thanks guys.

10 ft man- what's the condition of it and how much u looking delivered? Or where is collection?

Kintung01- ill take some pictures of it and I'll show you, I take it you have a t sport, what's the condion of your backbox? Or many miles has it done?

Anyone else have one to sell, I'm trying to get one as cheap as possible.

Cheers

collection is swindon, not sure on price to be honest i will look into it, how much were you thinking

my one done 38000miles, havent check the condition, but probably very good, as my car is in mint condition when i bought it 3 weeks ago (just before the rain and snow ^^)

my one done 38000miles, havent check the condition, but probably very good, as my car is in mint condition when i bought it 3 weeks ago (just before the rain and snow ^^)

I will get you a picture of mine for a potential swap, hopefully when the snow clears up I can do that.

Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links