Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hid Kits

waldo87

was looking at investing in new bulbs but now considerin HID conversion. dont want to spend a fortune though.

would like to know what kits people hav fitted to their cars. website/price etc

Are you aware that any HID upgrade must comply with the legal guidelines set down by EU rules which includes fitting headlight washers and a means of self levelling- see link below:)

I also expect your insurers would expect you to keep your vehicle in a legal roadworthy condition and comply with all relevant legislation otherwise you may find you don't have insurance cover.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/drs/hidheadlamps

what James says is true, so make sure you are aware of the legal implications before you do it.

i have hids4u kits on the dipped and mains. i would suggest getting no name kits off eBay as they are just rebranded and all seem to come from the far east anyway.

Just be warned, they are a bit of a pain to fit on the corolla as the space is restricted, getting the bulbs in without taking the bumper off is probably impossible - well i don't know anyone whose managed it! although on reflection maybe farhan has. there is a link to my install in my signature.

what James says is true, so make sure you are aware of the legal implications before you do it.

i have hids4u kits on the dipped and mains. i would suggest getting no name kits off ebay as they are just rebranded and all seem to come from the far east anyway.

Just be warned, they are a bit of a pain to fit on the corolla as the space is restricted, getting the bulbs in without taking the bumper off is probably impossible - well i don't know anyone whose managed it! although on reflection maybe farhan has. there is a link to my install in my signature.

I'm thinking of maybe getting a HIDs kit, maybe you can help me pick one out and give me a few pointers seeing your local :D

I've had mine from hids-direct.co.uk. Good kit & cheaper than most places except e-bay. I managed to fit with out taking bumper off but if you want to do it correctly then bumper needs to come off fella.

I've also noticed these, dont know how they would fit tho!!!

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/hid-projector...-kit-p-345.html

I've had mine from hids-direct.co.uk. Good kit & cheaper than most places except e-bay. I managed to fit with out taking bumper off but if you want to do it correctly then bumper needs to come off fella.

I've also noticed these, dont know how they would fit tho!!!

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/hid-projector...-kit-p-345.html

I saw those too! look pretty good in terms of keeping a crisp beam pattern but i don't think i'd like the task of fitting them!

I've just ordered a HID kit for my cts a few days ago. Settled on the 5000k 50w anti-glare ones frome hid-direct. not too blue, much better light and less dazzling to other road users. A win-win for all!

For future referance; a HID H7R bulb is an anti-glare HID H7 fitment. It took me ages to work that out :(

i've got H7R's in my dipped. IMO there isn't much if any difference between H7R and H7 other than someone has painted some of the lightbulb

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links