Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Powerflow

dailey87

Thinking of getting an exhuaust for my cts and since there are no off the shelf kits available i would like to know people's opinions.

I must admit powerflow brings 1.1 saxos to mind but are they actually able to make a good performance exhaust?

Anyone know if the 2zz is better suited to a 2.5'' or 3'' diameter exit?

I'm thinking of getting a remus/tte backbox and a new powerflow mid-pipe if the powerflow is too loud... so any input here will be great!

Thanks in advance guys!

im selling a tte backbox, In terms of powerflow.......saxos spring to mind but there general work is fairly good i reckon and if your after a performance exhaust if they make it up correctly then you are chilling. Ideally you want to go for a mandrel bent system if you actually want gains. In general most systems people get done are crush bent and in reality they make 0 power on our cars. Just a thought if you are there and advise them on what to do then powerflow are good. Plus they have a lifetime warranty its just down to what you want in the end.

NA 2zz would suit 2.5 better.

im selling a tte backbox, In terms of powerflow.......saxos spring to mind but there general work is fairly good i reckon and if your after a performance exhaust if they make it up correctly then you are chilling. Ideally you want to go for a mandrel bent system if you actually want gains. In general most systems people get done are crush bent and in reality they make 0 power on our cars. Just a thought if you are there and advise them on what to do then powerflow are good. Plus they have a lifetime warranty its just down to what you want in the end.

NA 2zz would suit 2.5 better.

thanks for that.

any chance you can pm a price for the backbox?

I had a powerflow system on one of my supras (it came on it).

It was rubbish, poor non mandrel bends, made of lof grade "stainless" that had evident surface corrosion, lots of un-needed sharp right hand bends, and it even hung down and scraped speed bumps worse than factory, or the Blitz 3" system I replaced it with.

I have heard that it can be a case of one branch being better than the next, but I'll certainly never use them!

Powerflow can sound good, but I have heard alot of bad stories on them...

Friend of mine had a Custom job done by MIJ Performance on his Compressor and it sounded Lush. Not only that all the bends were correct. Just like Powerflow they make it there and then while you wait.

Check out their website, they've got some vids of the different sounds too. The ones fitted to the V8 cars on there are looooooooooooovely.

http://www.mijexhaust.com/?gclid=CPvL5NDA-54CFR9o4wodF1rtIQ

Yea, the distance is a bit of a bummer for people down south :(

On the plus side... they ask where you live and give you a discount dependant on how far you gotta tarvel. Fuel Allowance they call it. :)

I can't believe no one makes an off the shelf system?

HKS, Blitz? Is there not a TRD one?

Believe it or not, no there isn't. :P

I think there's 1 or 2 about. But nothing special. TTE do a backbox but that's it. There's hardly any mods around for the CTS compared to other hot hatches. Can only assume they were never seen as hot hatches that'd be modified. ;)

I think nearly everyone has gone custom in the end on their cts if they wanted an exhaust...

Farhan has a TTE Backbox he's selling so assume he's getting a full system done too. Seems to be the way most people go.. TTE sounds good... but then people want more... hehe.

i really dont want to sell the tte backbox.....i think it sounds amazing but i need to shift a few things to allow more to make there way in which are on the higher priority list atm.

I may look into that company if the fuel allowance thing works out well.

As far as im aware kearons right there are no off the shelf kits, im sure however that the american xrs exhausts fit ours as they look practically the same in fitment. They have companies like magnaflow out there.

i have a feeling the XRS is longer but i'd quite like to know if the magnaflow would fit!

The whole exhaust/aftermarket parts gap for the CTS is a serious buisness opp that has been totally missed. If you look at a similar low volume hot hatch for example the LCR or MK4 golf 2.8 4motion there is a huge choice of parts.

Anyone with the knowhow could make a fortune in euro spec CTS tuning....

I've asked the company T-Sport linked for a quote as the more i read about powerflow the less i fancy one.

It's still 3.5 hours away for us true northeners ;)

i got a full system on my car from powerflow costed £450 1.5" system to a 4" backbox good bends in the pipework, and my mates an engineer he said it was a good grade of pipe work they used aswell dosnt scrape along the ground or nothing and my car is fairly low. sounds good an a good growl and fairly loud. and you life time guaruntee.... sorry bout spelling lol

£450 for a Powerflow on a 1.4? Oh dearz :/

MIJ Quoted me £429 for a full 2.5" System WITH a Sports cat. Choice of tailpipes obviously. Can't Fault MIJ on their prices.

£450 for a Powerflow on a 1.4? Oh dearz :/

MIJ Quoted me £429 for a full 2.5" System WITH a Sports cat. Choice of tailpipes obviously. Can't Fault MIJ on their prices.

+1 MIJ quoted me £249 for a 2.5" catback.

Looks like i'll go with them tbh...

You could always get a Blitz Nur Spec...

Image7.jpg

But at £416.60 delivered i don't think it's worth it :blink:

:lol:

Think I'll pass on that one...

£416 for an Axleback? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo thank you.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links