Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Plastic Clips For Under Bonnet Storage Comparment

jameswhit

Hi,

I've recently bought a second hand Toyota MR2 Mk3 and one of the plastic clips that holds the storage compartment lid down under the bonnet has broken, does anyone know where I might be able to get one of these from?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

James.

Hi,

I've been down to the dealers today and unfortunately they only sell it as a whole part, ie with the cover and the two clips and the cost would be about £99 lol. I can't really afford to spend that much money on a complete replacement, so do you have any ideas where I would be able to get one?

Cheers,

James.

i have some spare clips here if some one can put a pic up of the correct clip (with sizes) ill have a looksie

Ok cool cheers, I'll try and get a photo for you! On the official parts list it is described as Lock, Cover and has part no 64606-17031.

James.

post-88117-1263320124_thumb.jpg

This is the front of the clip, it's about 50 mm wide and 40 mm deep.

post-88117-1263320084_thumb.jpg

This is the back of it, you can see the part of it where it is damaged.

Hi,

I've been down to the dealers today and unfortunately they only sell it as a whole part, ie with the cover and the two clips and the cost would be about £99 lol. I can't really afford to spend that much money on a complete replacement, so do you have any ideas where I would be able to get one?

Cheers,

James.

£99 for a brand new one is a bit of a rip-off! I've got a brand new one sitting in my garage doing nothing as i've got a trd brace installed - I was going to keep it for reinstalling at a future date but would consider selling it.

As mentioned here though, a scrappy is always a good option.

yeah i havent got anything like that :( best bet is scrappies or good ol eBay

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links