Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Faith In Neighbourly Spirit Restored

Grumpy Cabbie

We are all aware of the cold and snowy weather we've been having recently. Well, I haven't been able to get my car off the drive in the last couple of days (well I did but got about 10 feet!) as the snow on the uncleared road is too deep for it. I cleared the drive yesterday as best I could just in case the road was cleared. Went out this morning and found that one of my neighbours has gritted/salted my drive and the area of road around mine and a couple other houses :o

Wow. I have no idea who it was but it is a small cul de sac with about 10 houses.

Anyone else had any similar kindly experiences in the adverse weather?

When I grit my path and drive I like to do the neighbors either side of me, last year I happened to be out when the gritter was a couple of minutes from my house, I followed him for a while until he stopped and asked him if he would follow me and do my road, really nice guy he came and did my road which is also a cul de sac.

Ive been looking for a gritter this year but with no luck. If I could get my hands on some grit I would do the whole road this year as laying it isnt too hard its finding the bliming stuff! I scraped the bins in my area and only ended up with a wheel barrow full! I went out today and in two boroughs there is not a bin with salt.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links