Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

'kin 'ell!

SuperRetard

Just come through some backroads on the way to work, and came up behind a p-reg Citroen Xantia diesel, dark green, but three aerials on the back. He's gunning it along, but it's obviously not the Turbo 'cos he can only get 95mph out of it. I drop back (so as not to 'spook' him) then pass him on the next down hill doing an indicated 113mph. Over the few miles or so I notice him flashing his lights, but think it's just bad sportsmanship. Keep it nailed, leave him for dust.

Re-entering civilisation I drop to 45mph for the 40mph limit. I don't really get up to much badness in towns/villages. About 10 seconds later Mr. Xantia catches up, very weak blue lights behind the grille, and now I can hear a siren.

Cut a long story short, he was 'kin livid, I was trying not to be sick, and he let me off with a warning 'cos he didn't get a speed-reading on me. Says if I get pulled over for anything else they'll throw the book at me etc...

I reckon he must've been CID or something??? :ph34r:

Well I can tell you that an indicated 119 is a genuine 111mph for my Yaris, 'cos I've had the GPS logger in her up at Bruntingthorpe. So 113 indicated, prolly 102-105?

dont condone it but i had mine push off the clock slightly! road angel read 123mph! on a private test track........ociffer

consider yourself lucky u got away with nothing m8, over 100mph is an instant ban on the motorway nevermind back roads!

nothin like a bit of adrenaline is there :)

lucky lucky lucky although 45 in a 40 isnt clever either

:lol: I got banned for 56 days back in 2001, did a heinous 102mph in a 70mph limit on a bike.

I hardly think 45mph in a 40mph is exactly a problem. Bet it wasn't over 42mph true anyway!

Been thinking about today's close-call a bit too. The copper wasn't traffic, and was driving just as 'flat-oot' as me, just in a slower car. And when I overtook him, he certainly didn't have any lights on (the bare minimum required for 'making progress'). To be honest, I don't even know whether he was aware of me before I went past.

Besides, a P-reg Xantia? Musta been a pool car... Somebody else at my office reckoned they'd been pulled by a pool Vauxhall Corsa a couple of years ago, got a stern talking too but nothing else, despite wheelieing past in 4th gear at near the ton! :blink:

And the moral of this story is? A band with no talent can easily amuse idiots with a stupid puppet-show. :wacko: Nope, that's a song lyric. The moral is...? :unsure:

there was a vauxhall corsa police car posing as a boy racer a while ago where i live, he would coax all the boy racers into racing him, then book them when they went to 35mph, scum.

:D Not saying its good but had a corsa tonight girlfriend in it friends in the back you know the sort? He tryed to overtake on a slip road friends egging him on no doubt. well he had all the body kit looked quiet nice but then i so the 4 tail pipes hanging out and saw red :angry: I dont normaly bite but had to show him a thing or 2 lets just say when i went passed him all of his friends and girlfriends faces droped like a lead ballon moral to this dont get had buy the plod and dont mess with a yaris ;)

ps Keep it safe :thumbsup:

Naughty......... :eek:

113mph...... No problem! 120-125 max........... :thumbsup:

you dont count cos yours isnt a 1.3

there was a vauxhall corsa police car posing as a boy racer a while ago where i live, he would coax all the boy racers into racing him, then book them when they went to 35mph, scum.

now thats just not right!

Just come through some backroads on the way to work, and came up behind a p-reg Citroen Xantia diesel, dark green, but three aerials on the back. He's gunning it along, but it's obviously not the Turbo 'cos he can only get 95mph out of it. I drop back (so as not to 'spook' him) then pass him on the next down hill doing an indicated 113mph. Over the few miles or so I notice him flashing his lights, but think it's just bad sportsmanship. Keep it nailed, leave him for dust.

Re-entering civilisation I drop to 45mph for the 40mph limit. I don't really get up to much badness in towns/villages. About 10 seconds later Mr. Xantia catches up, very weak blue lights behind the grille, and now I can hear a siren.

Cut a long story short, he was 'kin livid, I was trying not to be sick, and he let me off with a warning 'cos he didn't get a speed-reading on me. Says if I get pulled over for anything else they'll throw the book at me etc...

I reckon he must've been CID or something??? :ph34r:

I'd watch your back mate, if they are like the coppers in Hants, your card is well and truly marked. If you p*** the police off where I live, you WILL be pulled just about every single day, just for the inconvenience. Yor Reg plate is probably sitting on the dash of every police car in your county. Not cos you were speeding but because the copper ws angry!

Why 'trying not to be sick' - not drink i hope

I was trying not to be sick because I'd just overtaken a police car, left him for dead, then been caught. The gravity of that situation made my delicate little tummy do backflips. I was 'kin shaking! :!Removed!:

I was trying not to be sick because I'd just overtaken a police car, left him for dead, then been caught. The gravity of that situation made my delicate little tummy do backflips. I was 'kin shaking! :!Removed!:

Yeah, i would have been shaking myself. I tend to get an almighty adrenalin rush when i'm panicked or worried (or pulled by the fuzz), never been sick tho', I must be the only person in the world who hates adrenalin. It feels awful. I can't believe people want to feel that! and pay money for it :)

i had the same stomach when i did errrr.......... a slightly wrong thin with the law.........sorry but im not prepared to announce it in a public forum!

i had the same stomach when i did errrr.......... a slightly wrong thin with the law.........sorry but im not prepared to announce it in a public forum!

:lol::lol: What, "blow into this tube, sir and i'll let you off!" :lol::lol:

i think you'll find that only mentalists actually enjoy the adrenaline rush, i find it very uncomfortable lol.

Football hooligans like it though, and most people who cause trouble in pubs.

i think you'll find that only mentalists actually enjoy the adrenaline rush, i find it very uncomfortable lol.

Football hooligans like it though, and most people who cause trouble in pubs.

I gave up MB'ing because of it! (well, that and smashing my skull in several places, arm, foot, shins etc etc etc).

Don't get me started on the police .. mobile taxmen the lot of them ..

Saying that - I've still not been pulled in my new '2 .. and i've had it 2 years. Did get a fine for dodgy plates though ..

(and I can do over the speed limit in 7 seconds and top out over 160 somewhere)

there is one big cure for the stomach problems... dont overtake coppers and dont excessivly break the speed limit!

Going back to the fact that the policeman was himself excessively over the limit, he would have been harsh to have penalised you for something he was himself at fault for - hypocritical huh?

Just count yourself lucky that it wasn't a traffic police officer...!

After being in a couple of crashes at very low speeds, that was shocking enough for me to ever consider crazy speeding - enough damage was done at 20 mph.

I was luckily not too hurt, but I hope it doesn't take any of you guys to be in a nasty accident to make you realised it's not really worth it...? Just a thought ;)

Pav :thumbsup:

:lol::lol: What, "blow into this tube, sir and i'll let you off!" :lol::lol:

no didnt even get near me..........

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links