Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Tyres

waldo87

Just the answer i was wanting!

its always good when the cheapest option will work... its about £16 per tyre difference going for the 205/55/16's

Just the answer i was wanting!

its always good when the cheapest option will work... its about £16 per tyre difference going for the 205/55/16's

I noticed the same thing! Hence i'm going for the same size! :lol:

Chay had them on his CTS with no problems :thumbsup:

When your speedo says 70mph you will be doing 71mph on the 55s or 69mph on the 50s. I'll be getting some 50s when I redo my 16s next month :)

As ricc pointed out in another thread a 215/50/R16 would put the speedo spot on, but I don't think the car would sit very well on a tyre with that profile :(

When your speedo says 70mph you will be doing 71mph on the 55s or 69mph on the 50s. I'll be getting some 50s when I redo my 16s next month :)

As ricc pointed out in another thread a 215/50/R16 would put the speedo spot on, but I don't think the car would sit very well on a tyre with that profile :(

On my standard 195/55/16's..... 70mph on my sat nav is roughly 74mph on the speedo :lol:

On my standard 195/55/16's..... 70mph on my sat nav is roughly 74mph on the speedo :lol:

LOL, well the good news there is you are less likely to be pulled for speeding. SatNav vs speedo in my car on 215/40/R18 tyres is about 0.5/mph out :D

is the 195 or 205 not the width and the 50 or 55 the depth of the tyre (outer edge to rim)???

so if 55 is the same on both widths (going from 195/55 to 205/55) wont the spedo read the same?

is the 195 or 205 not the width and the 50 or 55 the depth of the tyre (outer edge to rim)???

so if 55 is the same on both widths (going from 195/55 to 205/55) wont the spedo read the same?

Afraid not. the 2nd number is a percentage value and not a fixed size. So as the width changes, so too does the thickness of the sidewayy assuming you keep the same value (i.e. 55).

Afraid not. the 2nd number is a percentage value and not a fixed size. So as the width changes, so too does the thickness of the sidewayy assuming you keep the same value (i.e. 55).

Ah right, guess i'll need to do a few trips out with the sat nav spedo on to see how the tyres effect the spedo

Ah right, guess i'll need to do a few trips out with the sat nav spedo on to see how the tyres effect the spedo

By law speedo’s only have to manufactured to be within 10% of actual speed

They can under read but not over read :thumbsup:

Butr its still the drivers responsibility to be within the speed limit... you cant get a speeding ticket made out to your car speedo

Thats how i left you for dead in the 16 miles of roadworks (on the M1) on the way to the Pod last year :yahoo::toast:

Then you sabotaged my tyre you :censor: :lol: ;)

Butr its still the drivers responsibility to be within the speed limit... you cant get a speeding ticket made out to your car speedo

Correct... but as all speedo’s under read you should never get a ticket by driving at the speed limit according to your speedo ;)

Thats how i left you for dead in the 16 miles of roadworks (on the M1) on the way to the Pod last year :yahoo::toast:

Then you sabotaged my tyre you :censor: :lol: ;)

Exactly! I went by my speedo, you used your sat nav! :lol:

As for the tyre... i didn’t do nothing to it :P :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links