Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cheap Cats Vvti

looptles

I've spent the last few hours going through this forum and found loads of advice etc on my Avensis VVTi 2001.

I was originally looking for a way to get rid of my engine warning light and found the easiest solution is to disconnect the -ve terminal. So far so good.

I saw a lot of posters were buying really expensive exhausts with cat. I bought one last week at www.purecarpartz.co.uk for £171 inc postage and fitted it myself (about 1hrs work). If your car is pre 01/03/2001 then you can buy the cheaper cat.

You just need to get the two sealing rings for the top end as the back one is already supplied.

Exhaust failure was due to the expansion joint failing and subsequently lighting up the engine warning light.

Now both problems have been resolved relatively cheaply.

I'll be keeping this site on favourites from now on for any tips ect.

Happy motoring. :)

Welcome to the site and it's good to see that with a little reading through thr forum you managed to solve your problems.

Buying a code reader from the likes of eBay can be a good investment, if the EML comes on you can check the trouble code yourself and then get advice on where to go from there... just post up the error code :)

I have one of thee...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/U381-Live-Data-Scann...=item335941d409

but there are lots of different ones.. just get one compatable with Toyota.

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome to the site and it's good to see that with a little reading through thr forum you managed to solve your problems.

Buying a code reader from the likes of Ebay can be a good investment, if the EML comes on you can check the trouble code yourself and then get advice on where to go from there... just post up the error code :)

I have one of thee...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/U381-Live-Data-Scann...=item335941d409

but there are lots of different ones.. just get one compatable with Toyota.

Thanks CFC, I'll probably have to get a code reader as the -ve terminal thing didn't last.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links