Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Are You Ever Late From Service?

Speed_Chaser

It may be difficult to notice when it's time to take your car to the service... Do you have your own way to help yourself notice when it's time for servicing your car? And are you always taking your car to the service in time, or are you late sometimes?

Also, how late is not too late? For example if the service plan is every 10 000 miles or 1 year (regarding to which comes first), how much is it bearable to be late in miles/time (depending on wether you drive more or less than 10 000 miles per year).

Best regards, Alex

It may be difficult to notice when it's time to take your car to the service... Do you have your own way to help yourself notice when it's time for servicing your car? And are you always taking your car to the service in time, or are you late sometimes?

Also, how late is not too late? For example if the service plan is every 10 000 miles or 1 year (regarding to which comes first), how much is it bearable to be late in miles/time (depending on wether you drive more or less than 10 000 miles per year).

Best regards, Alex

In my country the service is in every 15000kms or 1 year. Here the limit is +1000kms or 1 month.

Have a nice day.

Around 1000 miles plus on the mileage is what most garages and dealers would see as the limit.

To remind me I put a reminder on my phone.:)

10000 miles for intermediate service 20000 for full service...

Reminder? I use the odometer to plan my service every 10k interval. Simples.

I am normally off the 10 k markers by less than 500 miles...

now up to 60k miles heading for the 70 k service!

how much extra is allowed... i guess it depends on usage

if you did 100% motorway high mileage/day user, I bet you could get away with just doing a major service every 20k

( I know Toyota would not reccommend it...)

if you are 100% city stop start, short journeys, (taxi style) you probably need to service a lot earlier...

anything in between will be discretionary and open to interpretation... hence the 10 k "average" service point...

My Garage puts a sticker on my windscreen telling me the mileage or latest date due.

NO, I am never late. I get it done within 100 miles of the recommended mileage :thumbsup:

My supplying dealer sends me a postcard with an appointment booked, approx six weeks before the due date as a reminder. They then contact me by phone about 3 weeks before the due date to confirm whether the booking is OK and whether I need a courtesy car or want a 'while you wait' appointment. They then text me as a reminder the day before the booking.

They did this throughout the three years I had my Corolla, and operate the same system now I've got the Auris.

My supplying dealer sends me a postcard with an appointment booked, approx six weeks before the due date as a reminder. They then contact me by phone about 3 weeks before the due date to confirm whether the booking is OK and whether I need a courtesy car or want a 'while you wait' appointment. They then text me as a reminder the day before the booking.

They did this throughout the three years I had my Corolla, and operate the same system now I've got the Auris.

That seems like a great customer service to me! Wonder what do they do if a person drives more than he "can" during the year, so that he has to come more often than once a year...

That seems like a great customer service to me! Wonder what do they do if a person drives more than he "can" during the year, so that he has to come more often than once a year...

Pretty sure they do something similar - if you buy the car from them, they always ask your likely annual mileage. So if you need more than one service per year, they can work out which month(s) your service would be due. It's a good way to ensure they keep the servicing - and its no hassle for owners.

Mine tells me how many miles until my next service is due every time I start it, it also says if it's an oil service or a full "inspection". Although it changes depending on how hard the car is driven...

-Although I give intermediate oil changes anyway, so the fact that I "overshot" by a couple of hundred miles didn;t bother me...

That seems like a great customer service to me!

That seems like drumming up business to me ;)

Mine tells me how many miles until my next service is due every time I start it, it also says if it's an oil service or a full "inspection". Although it changes depending on how hard the car is driven...

-Although I give intermediate oil changes anyway, so the fact that I "overshot" by a couple of hundred miles didn;t bother me...

That's German engineering for you........................Mine does a similar thing giving me a daily reminder that the servicing is due from about 30 days before the date...........clever!

Mr T calls me to remind me about a month before, Now thats service.

Vee haff Vays of making you get your car serviced...

And then they charge extra to reset the meter! :ffs:

Mr T calls me to remind me about a month before, Now thats service.
Get yo car serviced fooo.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links