Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2010 Auris

Exmeg2

It looks as if Toyota has at long last taken note of the mountain of criticism by customers and testers and introduced modifications, particularly to the low rent cabin and primitive suspension, which should make the Auris a much better car and give it a fighting chance to challenge the best in class. I think that we will now see it move out of the three star category where it has been since it was launched into three and a half stars and possibly four stars. Unfortunately current owners of the Auris will just have to grin and bear it as we see trade in values take a nosedive.

does feel better inside, steering wheel is thicker rimmed and has the thumb grip in as well. over all it is an improvement and it has a sportier image.

soft touch upper glove box and instrument binnacle are a nice tough too.

its in the new toyota advert i saw last night.

It looks as if Toyota has at long last taken note of the mountain of criticism by customers and testers and introduced modifications, particularly to the low rent cabin and primitive suspension, which should make the Auris a much better car and give it a fighting chance to challenge the best in class. I think that we will now see it move out of the three star category where it has been since it was launched into three and a half stars and possibly four stars. Unfortunately current owners of the Auris will just have to grin and bear it as we see trade in values take a nosedive.

Does anyone know when the 1.8 CVT variant is due to be released in the UK?

Its called a facelift... much like a platic surgery so dont expect any mechanical changes.

seats look more supportive, handbrake looks like a handbrake, and there's a front centre armrest (because you cant call the current one an armrest now can you?)

Its called a facelift... much like a platic surgery so dont expect any mechanical changes.

that would be where you are wrong. the suspension has had a going over for better ride and handling, whilst the components may be the same design the spring and damper rates and also geometry have changed.

I don't see anything which would make me want to rush out and trade in my T180.

They should have at least upgraded the dash display a bit.

Soft-touch features are nice, but I personally don't spend much time caressing the trim. I do however, spend a lot of time looking at and using the intruments.

Just a personal opinion... :mellow:

Yesterday I had the opportunity to spend ten minutes or so clambering over the new facelifted Auris although unfortunately I was not able to drive it.

The interior is an improvement on last year's model. The seat fabric appears to be of a higher quality and the seat itself seems to be more supportive. There is a proper handbrake and a nice touch is the flat bottom steering wheel which gives a little extra useful knee clearance. The attempt at soft touch plastics is not altogether successful and in fact you have to look quite hard to see any difference. The big plus for me is the addition of folding wing mirrors.

The external changes will probably fall into the 'love it or hate it' category. When described on paper they come across as being minor but in the flesh they make a significant difference to the visual appearance of the car. To my eyes at least the Auris has been 'bulked out' and now begins to take on the look of a MPV. I can't say I really like them.

Overall I think the changes will probably move the Auris up half a star.

Great "first impressions" -review Exmeg! :thumbsup:

Best regards, Alex

Surprised that they are still using the M.M.T. auto box. Perhaps it is much improved and finally sorted. Apart from that seems like a nice car. Discounts online of up to 2K already.

Surprised that they are still using the M.M.T. auto box. Perhaps it is much improved and finally sorted.

What? Really? :huh: No CVT box available? Where did you get your info from?

Best regards, Alex

I just read a spanish website where it was said that the new 1.33 will have less 2 hp so 99 hp. Some changes insides steering whell, cup holders with silver trim, handbrake, radio buttons, harmrest, ligther plug, will have USB connection by serie, direction lights on rear-view mirrors, new odimeters (very hugly I must say), plus the new bumpers and headlights (front and rear). Out side seems less appealing at least to me. Inside is ok but the odimeters are hugly something I think was great in the previou model. Some other changes are that diesel engines have another type of suspension I'm guessing its the same as the DCAT 180 and some changes on the looks, darker shade, headlights, a rear spoiler, wheels etc...

That is all, what I don't understand is why giving a multi-link suspension to the 1.4 D4D and not give it to the 1.6VVTi. The weird decisions continue :\

Let's just sum it all up in one word - Fuggly. That front is a dire shame. Who is it designed for? No amount of aftermarket body kit is going to sort that mess out.

Glad it looks so bad as had it been something worth while I might have felt sad leaving Auris.

Toyota need to CHANGE it not facelift it like some aging woman.

My 1999 designed Celica is more modern looking and at least my wife's new RAV4 has grown in stature.

I'll really liked my T180 when it was released but I've just grown tied of it.

Surprised that they are still using the M.M.T. auto box. Perhaps it is much improved and finally sorted.

Best regards, Alex

Toyota uk website. I was suprised and put me off buying one having had a M.M.T. Then again they may have made improvments. Will have to test drive.

Best regards, Alex

Toyota uk website. I was suprised and put me off buying one having had a M.M.T. Then again they may have made improvments. Will have to test drive.

That is strange. I thought they were promising CVT (MultiDrive S) gearsystem like the one allready available for Avensis... :wacko: Anyone has any explanation to why this happened?

Best regards, Alex

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links