Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Compressor And 98ron Fuel?

Avanzato

Hi guys,

Thinking of swapping the T-Sport in for a Compressor, and have read a few things on here about 98Ron Fuel.

What difference, if any, will running a Compressor on 97Ron Fuel have?

The nearest Tesco 99Ron garage to me is 30 miles away. And Shell V-Power is about 10p a litre dearer here than the 97Ron Esso Supreme that I use. Main reason being is the 2 Shell garages are on the A303 catching the desperate market rather than in the town.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I'm going to add to this, as i'm thinking about getting a compressor too! :D

All unleaded in Ireland is only 95 ron with the exception of Maxol E5 which is 99ron.

What would be the long term results of running a compressor on 95 ron except for power loss?

Will a compressor run on E5 petrol (mixture of unleaded and 5% ethanol)???

Thanks

Correct me if im wrong, but the Compressor ECU has been programmed to use 98 Ron or more, not doing this will cause the car to go into LIMP mode. I might be talking rubbish but im sure some1 will correct me if i am :rolleyes:

Hi guys,

Thinking of swapping the T-Sport in for a Compressor, and have read a few things on here about 98Ron Fuel.

What difference, if any, will running a Compressor on 97Ron Fuel have?

The nearest Tesco 99Ron garage to me is 30 miles away. And Shell V-Power is about 10p a litre dearer here than the 97Ron Esso Supreme that I use. Main reason being is the 2 Shell garages are on the A303 catching the desperate market rather than in the town.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

where are you in somerset?

Correct me if im wrong, but the Compressor ECU has been programmed to use 98 Ron or more, not doing this will cause the car to go into LIMP mode. I might be talking rubbish but im sure some1 will correct me if i am :rolleyes:

you're not talking rubbish, it does cause the car to lose a hefty chunk of power when using normal 95 ron unleaded. as for the guy who made the thread - is 97 ron available to you? it's the highest available to me, and i have to add a miller's octane booster every fill up, and that works for me just fine...

so are these octane boosters safe to use with our engine?

i'd like to think so! i've been using them for over 8 months with the 'pressor now and i haven't had the tiniest wee bit of trouble at all *touch wood*

i'd like to think so! i've been using them for over 8 months with the 'pressor now and i haven't had the tiniest wee bit of trouble at all *touch wood*

hi,i ran mine on 97 ron from north devon all motorway /a roads 350 miles and the compressor never missed a beat so i think any super unleaded is fine 98 may be toyota playing it safe,but mine ran fine no loss of power no pinking.

hi,i ran mine on 97 ron from north devon all motorway /a roads 350 miles and the compressor never missed a beat so i think any super unleaded is fine 98 may be toyota playing it safe,but mine ran fine no loss of power no pinking.

i'll be honest, it probably would be safe enough with 97 alone - i have ran it for a few weeks without any octane booster help with no major problems, but i did notice a fair difference in performance when i finally got the hold of some more of it and started using it again - and that was before resetting the ecu - i know that sounds daft, but i'm very meticulous about my car, and it was definitley back to it's very best!

i'll be honest, it probably would be safe enough with 97 alone - i have ran it for a few weeks without any octane booster help with no major problems, but i did notice a fair difference in performance when i finally got the hold of some more of it and started using it again - and that was before resetting the ecu - i know that sounds daft, but i'm very meticulous about my car, and it was definitley back to it's very best!

i also carry octane booster tablets in the boot just in case but always seem to find 98/99 at the moment. :yahoo:

i also carry octane booster tablets in the boot just in case but always seem to find 98/99 at the moment. :yahoo:

Out of interest, who does 98Ron fuel?

sheel v power/tesco 99 mate

They are both 99, I thought you'd found somewhere selling 98.

only use 98 ron fuel, using 95 ron caused the engine to pink excessivly, but it shouldnt go into limp mode.

only use 98 ron fuel, using 95 ron caused the engine to pink excessivly, but it shouldnt go into limp mode.

yeh like i said i used 97 ron once and noticed no difference i never put 95 ron in the tank only super unleaded!

We do camping trips and like to visit the Scotish Highlands, petrol stations are few and far between never mind 98/99 so a bottle of octain boost is in the back just in case, I dont fancy putting 95 in.

Now all you need Col is a bottle of NOS and you're set :P

Never thought of that Key, could be down to Mascrat Manor in no time at all :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links