Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2008 Avensis Aura

antony12

Hi

I purchased a new 2008 Avensis Aura in January 2008. My mileage to date is rediculously low- almost 7,000 Kilometers.

Yes I know it would be cheaper to hire a taxi!! However my warranty expires at end of 2010. What maintenance issues

if any, should I have addressed by my dealer before the expiring of the warranty? Are there any particular parts/components

which should be checked or replaced even with my low mileage?

Many thanks in advance

Low mileage pensioner!

Antony12

What maintenance issues if any, should I have addressed by my dealer

Hi,

Well if you have had your car serviced by Mr.T then they should have covered all issues for you.

Although I'm not sure of the exact schedule for your later model, and with the milage being so low, you have still hopefully have had it serviced once a year to change the engine oil at least ?

Don't get upset if you have not done so, with your low mileage and conditions it will be fine after 2 years but it is preferable to do it yearly.

My Avensis had done 12k before the first owner had a service at 16 months - its still going strong at 144k !

Normally on a B or major service, depending on mileage things like the gearbox oil should be changed, air & pollen filters will be checked / changed as will the brake fluid and antifreeze.

Like the oil, brake fluid and antifreeze degrade even with no milage being done, so they should ideally be changed on a time basis.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links