Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bit Of A Knoching On Drivers Side

CoCo24

hi all,

well since the last time i was on here (with the problem of no lift) i got that sorted. now for the new problem. and i know how good you guy are.

what it is, when im at a crauling speed, or going over very slight bump, or turning there seems to be this rattleing coming from the wheel on the drivers side.

any suggestions would be good.

sorry for the lack of discribtion but will try and answer any questions as best i can.

thanks guys

:help:

Wonder as well if someone could tell me where to get some wind deflectors from please.

any links would be great!

thanks guys

Couldn't really help on the knocking part...

But here's the more popular Wind Deflectors: Ebay Linkage

Cheers fella

have to have a poke around this week see what i can find out.

From what you have said it could be strut top bearings. But could just be a trim loose. Is it more of a knocking or clicking?

From what you have said it could be strut top bearings. But could just be a trim loose. Is it more of a knocking or clicking?

[/quo

it was knocking. any ideas where i need to be looking, as im not too sure

going to get it up tomorrow on the old jacks and have a poke around and see if i can find anything.

it was knocking. any ideas where i need to be looking, as im not too sure :unsure:

going to get it up tomorrow on the old jacks and have a poke around and see if i can find anything.

it was knocking. any ideas where i need to be looking, as im not too sure :unsure:

If its a knocking noise try strut top bearings as i said before and also the drop links.

These are the things i would look at first.

Matt

Get the front end up in the air and stable so the wheel is free to be moved. Give it a good pull and try to change the angle it sits at, as in try to wobble it, if its a strut top bearing it should rotate upwards with the wheel face turning up to face the sky.

Whilst its up in the air, wheel off, check the sprin is fully seated in both upper and lower 'cups'

Also check for play in wheel bearings, CV joints, Lower wishbone bushes.....hmmm someone refresh my memory, does a CTS have Tie Rods? lol.... check they're tight if it has ;)

As a last ditch effort, check the brake assembly is all nipped properly. Although that would pronounce itself as a noise under breaking.

Just an after thought, open your bonnet, look at the 3 nuts that hold the top of the shock into the turret, make sure they arent loose haha. (Do that whilst the cars on the floor) I have known people drive about with these nuts totally absent.

Get the front end up in the air and stable so the wheel is free to be moved. Give it a good pull and try to change the angle it sits at, as in try to wobble it, if its a strut top bearing it should rotate upwards with the wheel face turning up to face the sky.

Whilst its up in the air, wheel off, check the sprin is fully seated in both upper and lower 'cups'

Also check for play in wheel bearings, CV joints, Lower wishbone bushes.....hmmm someone refresh my memory, does a CTS have Tie Rods? lol.... check they're tight if it has ;)

As a last ditch effort, check the brake assembly is all nipped properly. Although that would pronounce itself as a noise under breaking.

Just an after thought, open your bonnet, look at the 3 nuts that hold the top of the shock into the turret, make sure they arent loose haha. (Do that whilst the cars on the floor) I have known people drive about with these nuts totally absent.

Cheers guys ill attack it some time this week and let you know how it goes.

thanks again.

darren

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links