Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cheap Tuning

msprince

Clicky

Has anyone had any experience with these chips or resistors?

I brought one for a pound £2.50 inc p&p, fitted it too my mates civic sport and it took his 0-60 down by about half a second.

I have found the wires i need to hack into for my car.

What does everyone think?

It claims it increases mpg aswell, my mate is leaving it on for a week see how it goes.

Matt

It's all bullcocky, stay away from 'em.

If you really wanna faff with it, go buy a simple esistor for 50p at local electronics shop. Loads of my freinds have used 'em and claimed to have seen increased performcen, but in the long run cause too much havoc and are... bullcocky :P

Is this a joke?

Assuming its not then would something for £2.50 be worth hacking wires for? I doubt it. Cheap and tuning don't go well together.

Cheapest bang for buck you're ever gonna find will be nitrous, and that could be a big bang for your buck ;) haha..

Is this a joke?

Assuming its not then would something for £2.50 be worth hacking wires for? I doubt it. Cheap and tuning don't go well together.

:lol: Thats what I thought!

If you want to get decent performance then you need to spend a decent amount of money.

Sometimes you find a good deal, but the first things to start doing are Air Filters, Exhausts and Re-maps to get it more refined. But re-maps are really knit-picking and should be the last thing you do, after you have everything like plugs, leads and better oils etc.

Cheap Tuning; Give it a good service! :)

cheapest bang for your buck IMO would be a couple of squirts of benzene in your fuel. that will increase the octane level significantly.

cheapest bang for your buck IMO would be a couple of squirts of benzene in your fuel. that will increase the octane level significantly.

That's a questionable performance enhancer, but I would have guessed that it would only work for as along as you still have a tank of fuel, which for my money isn't long enough.

I think that buying some really good plugs and filters will make it much more responsive, before you go looking for more BHP, get the standard ones back that you have lost over time!

It should have your engine running far better if you get a decent quality of parts. ;)

The so-called super resistor only fools the ECU into dumping in more fuel and overfuelling ain't good news for any engine causing excess carbon deposits, comtaminated engine oil, etc with much rediced engine life.

Over-fueling can also lead to early exhaust CAT failure.:)

In some cases it can cause the ECU to throw a hissy fit and throw its dummy out of the pram.

Caveat Emptor - Buyer Beware

Now where did I leave that box of clip-on magnetic fuel-savers - time to fleece a couple of suckers me thinks. :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links