Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

High Tickover

m3rlin

tickover at 1500rpm (cold) then down to 1000rpm (warm). I have cleaned the maf and about to change air filter. Is there any way to lower it. thanks. (1.8 7a-fe) 1999.

tickover at 1500rpm (cold) then down to 1000rpm (warm). I have cleaned the maf and about to change air filter. Is there any way to lower it. thanks. (1.8 7a-fe) 1999.

You won't fix it, that's what it's meant to do.

Hi

Really ?? - the book states tickover at 700rpm which mine always has when warmed up ..?

You do not say if it has just occurred suddenly or gradually over time ?

Not a silly like an extra engine load eg the aircon on ?

Hi

Really ?? - the book states tickover at 700rpm which mine always has when warmed up ..?

You do not say if it has just occurred suddenly or gradually over time ?

Not a silly like an extra engine load eg the aircon on ?

Just seem to creep up over past couple of days, i have had a look at all my vac pipes and they look fine.

Just seem to creep up over past couple of days, i have had a look at all my vac pipes and they look fine.

The only thing that has caused any problem in that area is the throttle cable fraying where it comes out of the outer cable on top of the engine - it cannot return fully so held the revs up - only takes an odd strand which is not always easy to see until you disconnect the cable and wipe away the grease - happened twice in 10years / 144k, same 7AFE.

Think another thing could be the actual throttle flap could be held open a bit by gunge build up, easily cleaned if you whip of the large plastic air duct.

The only thing that has caused any problem in that area is the throttle cable fraying where it comes out of the outer cable on top of the engine - it cannot return fully so held the revs up - only takes an odd strand which is not always easy to see until you disconnect the cable and wipe away the grease - happened twice in 10years / 144k, same 7AFE.

Think another thing could be the actual throttle flap could be held open a bit by gunge build up, easily cleaned if you whip of the large plastic air duct.

will give that ago, thanks. could a sparkplug change help as they are due a change. trying everything else before i start looking at idle air conrol valves :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links