Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2003 T-sport Headlight Issues

Neil_turbo

Hello all

having quite a strange issue with our t-sport and wondering if anyone here has had the same issue, or any suggestions on what it could be.

A couple of weeks we had the clutch replaced, admittadly should have nothing to do with it but a little coincidental

2 days ago we noticed that the sidelights werent working

Last night we noticed that the beams werent working, and now only the passenger side headlight is working :unsure:

Have checked the fuses in the engine bay and they seem ok.

Have replaced the headlight bulbs as there were some blue tint ones fitted that i never liked and nothing has changed, i did however notice they were rated at 100 watts, replacements were 55W.

does anyody know where the loom runs, is it underside and could possibly be caught when changing clutch?

Or if anybody has any ideas where to look would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Neil

Check for a supply to the lamps.

Earth return.

Relays.

Switches.

Higher wattage lamps will draw more current, may have damaged the relays, im not sure what they are rated at...

Good luck fella.

Check for a supply to the lamps.

Earth return.

Relays.

Switches.

Higher wattage lamps will draw more current, may have damaged the relays, im not sure what they are rated at...

Good luck fella.

cheers

I broke my multimeter over christmas so will get a new one tomorrow and check for supply.

Do you know where the relays are located?

Thanks

Neil

Errrrr no not exactly on the Rolla, i have never had to investigate TBH, someone here will know or if i get a chance tomorrow i'll have a look.

Normally some in engine bay and some behind dash from previous experience, sorry i cant help more with that one, car hass been too reliable .....

Keep us posted ....

at 100W you may have (although unlikely) burned the switch out. cheap 100W bulbs are often more than 100W and pull more power, however your fuse should have protected you.

From memory the corolla is not on relays its direct connection.

The only other thing I can think of is your actual loom on the back of the headlight is loose, This would cause one side to totally fail. you will need to take the bumper off, pull the headlight out and push the connector hard in.

Before you to the above, just confirm you've got ground or 12v at the headlight with a multimeter. saves ballache later.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links