Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service Items

carinfront

Hello one and all,

I am approaching service time, but am well out of warranty by now, so not in a desperate rush to pay full whack to Mr T, none the less, I still fancy keeping a certain level of quality when it comes round to the services. I am now approaching the 60,000 mark. Whats more, I have a very good local garage making it more convenient than a trip to Mr T.

Can anyone tell me what is done on that service? Is there somewhere I can find a list of whats replaced at that stage and what is not?

In fact, if Parts King stumbles across this, do you sell a "service parts pack"?! Full of all the required bits for a service, all with the original bits?!

Am I the only one who would be interested in buying that type of bundle?! :)

Thanks in advance to you all!

Mike

Hello one and all,

I am approaching service time, but am well out of warranty by now, so not in a desperate rush to pay full whack to Mr T, none the less, I still fancy keeping a certain level of quality when it comes round to the services. I am now approaching the 60,000 mark. Whats more, I have a very good local garage making it more convenient than a trip to Mr T.

Can anyone tell me what is done on that service? Is there somewhere I can find a list of whats replaced at that stage and what is not?

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...ost&id=4604

In fact, if Parts King stumbles across this, do you sell a "service parts pack"?! Full of all the required bits for a service, all with the original bits?!

Mike

he doesn't sell oil for dispatch but I'm sure that he can do you any necessary filters etc.

Hello one and all,

Mike

he doesn't sell oil for dispatch but I'm sure that he can do you any necessary filters etc.

The cambelt seems to be the most challenging at 60000 miles mark.

Edit: I had not seen that your car is not D4D 2.0 and your cambelt change is at 90000 miles.

Hi,

Not sure what the newer Service Books are like but mine has a page detailing whats done on each A or B service.

Its usually oil, air and petrol filter, engine and gearbox oil etc. At that mileage perhaps a change of brake fluid and antifreeze, but you could do those at your leisure as you build up your diy experience.

Toyota parts can be so expensive, I tend to buy most parts, except plugs and timing belts, from motor factors - you need to shop around to find one selling good quality parts, not just the cheapest price, ask them what make the parts are, if they just say 'standard' or generic then suggest you look elsewhere.

Once you find the right supplier the savings can be considerable, a little banter / haggling when buying a full service set can get you a bit more discount.

Usually find after dinner is a better time as all the trade buyers have been seen to.

If you do buy all the parts from Toyota, get a quote for the parts, but then be direct and ask for a better price, they often give some discount, if they won't then go to another one.

Hello one and all,

Mike

Edit: I had not seen that your car is not D4D 2.0 and your cambelt change is at 90000 miles.

cheers for the reply! mine is in fact a 1.8 petrol T3-X, 2004 auto. Which i believe is chain driven rather than belt. No worries re the oil, makes sense to source that locally.

Mike

Hello one and all,

Mike

cheers for the reply! mine is in fact a 1.8 petrol T3-X, 2004 auto. Which i believe is chain driven rather than belt. No worries re the oil, makes sense to source that locally.

Mike

ps - thanks for the schedule! God bless pdf's eh?!

Must remember to print that off and give it a good check over.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

There seems to be a lot of Nipparts parts floating around most factors. I have never used them so cannot comment on quality. I have used ADL Blueprint parts and they seem ok. Much cheaper than Toyota items.

As for oil, look on eBay, costco who do mobil1 for £22.00 as for Plugs, again Desno Iridium can be found on eBay cheaper than most places.

Am I the only one who would be interested in buying that type of bundle?! :)

Hi

Sorry I have only just stumbled upon this thread

PM me if you still want prices

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links