Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

De Badging

johnmaher

I think Odd (supra25) has de-badged the rear of his car, so if he's around he can probably post up a picture of the back end for you.

Havn't de badged but I added a trd Badge under the toyota logo on the left I think it complements the t sport one on the other side.

It isn't very big bit smaller than the toyota logo but it gets people guessing, had a few ask about the car after seeing it as they guess it is not a standard corolla.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRD-Badge-COROLLA-MR...=item2eaada60d3

I think it looks much cleaner did mine but make sure you get all the glue off and give a little polish up when the badges are off.

When i purchased mine it only had the Toyota Badge on!!!! Didnt know any were missing.

But recently the red is peeling away on the Toyota and now looks tacky, whats the best method to remove???

Hair dryer and peel away lightly???

cheers :thumbsup:

When i purchased mine it only had the Toyota badge on!!!! Didnt know any were missing.

But recently the red is peeling away on the Toyota and now looks tacky, whats the best method to remove???

Heat gun and nail varnish remover. :D

When i purchased mine it only had the Toyota badge on!!!! Didnt know any were missing.

Warm the Badge with a heat gun indeed, so the glue will come off (be careful when removing the Badge, it will also get warmer, burned my fingers :lol: )

Then pull the Badge off, and polish the glue away :D

Oh btw, thanks KPARRIS-JONES ;)

Looks very clean like that Noedel. Nice one mate. ;)

Agreed, not a lover of loads of badges and stickers, tacky ....

uh-oh, agreement. It's happening again! :o

;)

Warm up with a hair dryer or a steam cleaner. Grab dental floss and pull away at the glue. Use something like goo gone to get rid of the residue.

Just don't leave the gun there too close for too long or you will end up damaging the paint!

After working on a fibre-glass Scimitar, I learned the hard way..... :o :lol: ;)

Warm up with a hair dryer or a steam cleaner. Grab dental floss and pull away at the glue. Use something like goo gone to get rid of the residue.

WD40

Auto Glym SRP would also remove residue........ as would cleaning it with a decent car shampoo........ as would TFR.....as would tar remover.... lol the list is endlessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

• 4 months later...

We may be looking to do this soon... :yes:

Want to start cleaning it up now.

Do you think it would suite the CTS? May not look so great on red, I'd like to leave the T-Sport Badge on though, or at least move it somewhere else.

We may be looking to do this soon... yes.gif

Want to start cleaning it up now.

Do you think it would suite the CTS? May not look so great on red, I'd like to leave the T-Sport badge on though, or at least move it somewhere else.

But De Badge is de best bit of your car... D

i used wd40 + white spirit works great and gives a nyc finish

I removed my red TOYOTA Badge as it was peeling, with the intention of buying a new one. Toyota then informed me that they cant get the red ones anymore! So im now going to remove the Corolla Badge but leave the T Sport one on. The Badge came of real easy , then i used glue and tar remover then polished. Easy job. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links