Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 2.0 T4 Mpg

greg_s

I've had my 54 Avensis 2.0 VVTi for just over a week now, and just wanted to know how much faith to put in the onboard dash display regarding range, mpg etc.

The current average MPG is 37.5, but the range is only showing 248 miles left on a tank full. But the fuel gauge needle has hardly moved off the top stop from when I filled it last week. I've done about 95 miles since filling it up.

I usually drive a stead 50-55mph to work, as its just an A road without many overtaking chances. The revs are seldom over 2100 at 55mph.

How much can I expect to get from a tank, and should I take any notice of anything on the display, or just go with the fuel gauge?

Sorry if these sound like geeky questions, but I've not had a Toyota before, lat alone a car with any kind of MPG/range display!

Best way is to check the mileage for a full tank- fill to fill, mine was optomistic by 0.2 mpg - so not too bad. The mileage on a full tank will get better the more it gets used to your driving style.A full tank shows about 380 miles on mine, but will get about 420. Usually average 36-37, drops to 33-34 in the winter.

Andy

HI Greg and welcome;

I am in the same 'boat' as you having mine since December last year.

After a few worries, as the guage seemed to go down quite quick after fuelling, and quite a difference between calculated mpg and display mpg it seesm to have settled now and mine is about 0.5mpg optimistic. I can live with that.

When the needle is on quarter full, I can just about get 40 liters in the tank (60 ltr tank), so only 2/3s empty, and get about 320 miles. I do short trips to work (6 miles x 2) and esonomy hovers around 36-37. on a long trip i get close to 40 mpg. not bad for a 2.0.

I love the 'turbo' kick at 3000rpm when the VVT kicks in.

I have only once driven it till the fuel warning light came on and got 50 ltrs in.

hope this helps.

rick

I've had my 54 Avensis 2.0 VVTi for just over a week now, and just wanted to know how much faith to put in the onboard dash display regarding range, mpg etc.

The current average MPG is 37.5, but the range is only showing 248 miles left on a tank full. But the fuel gauge needle has hardly moved off the top stop from when I filled it last week. I've done about 95 miles since filling it up.

I usually drive a stead 50-55mph to work, as its just an A road without many overtaking chances. The revs are seldom over 2100 at 55mph.

How much can I expect to get from a tank, and should I take any notice of anything on the display, or just go with the fuel gauge?

Sorry if these sound like geeky questions, but I've not had a Toyota before, lat alone a car with any kind of MPG/range display!

The computer cannot foretell the future. It calculates the remaining distance range on the the consumption over the previous few miles and works out how far you can go on the fuel left in the tank at the same rate. As consumpion varies under different conditions the range will alter. The range also only includes the fuel up to the reserve so there will be about 5 litres over. Likewise the average consumption shown will depend on your driving and the terrain. Best to fill up when you are down to quarter of a tank and reset the computer.

Regards Fitter

Filled the car up and ended up oputting more in then anticipated, which probably means i underfilled it the last time.

After the initial cut off, i slowly continued and managed to squeeze another 5-7 liters in, so 45 liters from 1/4 tank indication seems more lickely.

Average over 850 miles (4 fills) is 32.9 whereas the indication is 35.0. this goes back about 4-5 weeks as i do low miles now i only have to do 6 miles each way to work. engine barely get warm :), and so do I :(

Do you guys feel 3 mpg difference between the pc en calculated is much?

rick

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links