Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Amplifier Problems

mavur1

Hi guys!

I have tried to look the problem up, but I can't seem to find any real information on this exact issue, hope you can help :)

I have installed a pair of JBL Speakers as well as a JBL amplifier in my 2001 Avensis 2.0 D4D.

I have drawn the power cable for the amplifier forward to the engine, and the speaker/remote cables lie alongside the power cable forward along the doors.

After connecting all the cables properly (and I am quite sure that they are correctly connected), I start the car and the radio turns on, but the amplifier simply won't power up. :(

The weird thing is that I did the exact same process on a 1989 Corolla at an earlier time, and that time it worked flawlessly. I even tried a second amplifier on the Avensis, but the results were the same; it wouldn't turn on.

I have checked the fuses on the radio, the amplifier, and the one on the power cable, and they are all intact.

The remote wire that is running alongside the audio cables is connected to the blue wire on the radio (there are also an orange wire and a brown/black wire exposed behind the radio, tried them, no difference).

As I said, I am pretty sure that everything is properly connected, so I would be thankful for any advice that might help shed light on my problem :)

Thank you

Mavur1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links