Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Bid You Farewell

myromeo

Have just part exchanged my CTS. Its been a fun 14 months of trouble free motoring but time to move on, im growing bored of high revving all top end cars so have just bought this...

2.7 V6, 170bhp, 245 Torque B) Not as fast on paper as the CTS but it sure makes up for it thru the gears, pulls so much stronger at typical road speeds than the corolla although I fear I will miss lift...

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

I've always liked the car as a whole, just the massively underpowered 2.7L engine put me off. And higher insurance group than a CTS IIRC.

Torque is always nice though. xD

I concur, I have always looked at the v6 2.7 and thought, "wheres the powaHs at?! :("

But im pretty sure a few mods will see it rise nicely and become a useful tool both on road and track.

Fantastic car mate, you will have a lot of fun with that.

My advice is to get a set of Coilovers first, along with brakes, mounts, strut-braces etc. Then go bananas with the long-block and assassin. ;)

The V6 is really underpowered, I have asked Hyundai if they decided to build it with concrete and lead pistons... :lol: Tbh after a re-map, exhaust and a filter, you can have it up to 220BHP and quite a bit more torque and a smoother power-band, you will be laughing on those country roads. :D

Cheers everyone.

The low power sort of had me hesitant until I drove one and was very suprised, considering it makes 170hp well before the cts hits lift there's a lot more power at daily usable revs, torque is way higher than the cts too. Sure straight line drag race may belong to the rolla but how often does that matter?

Kp- I'm looking at starting with the stage 1 charger kit, maybe work up to assassin eventually but not until updated clutch, flywheel and LSD are in to control it!

I'll probably not get in here much but your all welcome to follow my progress over on my website, address is in my profile.

Cheers everyone.

The low power sort of had me hesitant until I drove one and was very suprised, considering it makes 170hp well before the cts hits lift there's a lot more power at daily usable revs, torque is way higher than the cts too. Sure straight line drag race may belong to the rolla but how often does that matter?

Kp- I'm looking at starting with the stage 1 charger kit, maybe work up to assassin eventually but not until updated clutch, flywheel and LSD are in to control it!

I'll probably not get in here much but your all welcome to follow my progress over on my website, address is in my profile.

Sounds good, that's what I was getting at when I went on about the suspension and brakes, get yourself a good base for a car and then apply the power. Sounds like you were thinking along those lines anyway so I say "Good Man!" to that. ;) I just didn't want someone to go whacking on what is a very powerful S/C kit onto a car with a weak gearbox and brake-system. :D

Good luck with it all, I will be sure to drop in and say hello in your build thread. :)

Very nice, best of british fella....

But it is not British....................................Its Korean :P ;) :lol:

are these RWD or something?

how much to supercharge it? what bhp would say intake exhaust and a super make?

FWD, I/H/E and tune can see abuot 220bhp (aparently), stage 1 supercharger and your looking at about 250whp, stage 3 can see this well over 400whp on stock block :) stage 1 SC is about $2000 (USD) and is a direct bolt on.

I was considering getting myself one of these for a while, but the 2.0ltr version as I can't really afford the extra petrol the 2.7 uses! Also, the 2.0 being group 10 insurance is not too bad actually.

You've got a nice one there, the seats are seriously :drool: and you got the best colour too :)

hm sounds optomistic romeo, i looked on some USA Tiburon dynos they are happy with 170whp with intake, throttlebody, apexi exhaust and something else! looked to be about 210whp with a supercharger too.

Very nice, best of british fella....

But it is not British....................................Its Korean :P ;) :lol:

Yes yes, very witty sir ......... ;)

FWD, I/H/E and tune can see abuot 220bhp (aparently), stage 1 supercharger and your looking at about 250whp, stage 3 can see this well over 400whp on stock block :) stage 1 SC is about $2000 (USD) and is a direct bolt on.

Where did you get the idea of 400WHP on a stock block from? I highly doubt that it's capable of that with a stock block, this is just a Mitsubishi Spyder V6 after-all..... :P

yea i dunno you seem to be mixing whp and hp in your expectations!

i think you'd be doing well to hit 200bhp crank (170whp?) with IHE super might add 50 to the crank number...so like 200-220whp with super...

charger alone with 4-5psi is apparently enough to take it to 200+whp, no other mods necessary. with further mods and increased boost (7-10psi) 300whp has been claimed. 400 with strenghtened internals and 20psi. Im only quoting what ive read, will only know how much truth is in the numbers once I get playing. time will tell :)

anyhow, probably my last post as a CTS owner as im off to collect the coupe in 20 minutes!

The figures are accurate, they have all of their cars dyno'd and they do all of their own work. ;)

The Assassin kit is a beast, and you have to bare in mind that S/C's tend to be far more effective when used on larger engines with 'V' formations. :)

Sounds good kp, already saving for the sniper kit! Start low, work up to it :-)

picked the car up this evening and despite weather being crap I am well impressed, completely different drive o the cts, so much low down pull and torque seems to be available any rev in any gear! Tomorrow will be a fun day, can't wait to take it for a decent drive in daylight!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links