Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Muffling /rumbling/ Groaning Coming From Somewhere?

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

RE.my 2001 1.8vvti avensis hatchback...Has/does anyone else experience like a rumbling/ groaning/ muffling sound ONLY AT LOW REVS IN 1ST AND 2ND GEARS? Usually when your pulling off from stop??? Its so hard to describe the sound...like a growling sound sort of...maybe like your stomach rumbling when your hungry...i dont know...but if anyone experiences any sounds from under their bonnet or maybe its from under the car...god knows...please let me know! Thanks. Regards

Sammy

RE.my 2001 1.8vvti avensis hatchback...Has/does anyone else experience like a rumbling/ groaning/ muffling sound ONLY AT LOW REVS IN 1ST AND 2ND GEARS? Usually when your pulling off from stop??? Its so hard to describe the sound...like a growling sound sort of...maybe like your stomach rumbling when your hungry...i dont know...but if anyone experiences any sounds from under their bonnet or maybe its from under the car...god knows...please let me know! Thanks. Regards

Sammy

Hiya Sammy,

Do a search under either my name and posts, or under "induction roar" from 2008 which I reported on and had Mr. T fix under warranty. It is coming from the air filter box and its feed hose which comes from the wheel arch area and is cured by a sound deadening tape being affixed in the correct place(s).

Mr.T definitely had a "field fix" applicable to this, so he should also be able to help. Any problems, here I am, so I am.

You are doing no damage whatsoever continuing to drive it.

Big Kev....all round good guy. :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links