Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pink Coolant

Notebook

Pink coolant (right hand side of the bay) looks low.

Will any do?

Thanks

Be careful - not all of these pink coolants are the same. To be safe buy it from Toyota but if you do go to a spares shop or motor factor be shure to study it properly.

I notice that following 2.2 diesel head gasket problems they have changed the coolant on mine. It has gone from a proper warm pink to a purpley pink so that will have to be kept in mind.

Be careful - not all of these pink coolants are the same. To be safe buy it from Toyota but if you do go to a spares shop or motor factor be shure to study it properly.

I notice that following 2.2 diesel head gasket problems they have changed the coolant on mine. It has gone from a proper warm pink to a purpley pink so that will have to be kept in mind.

Cheers - mine is light pink and petrol - something strange about that confession!!!

Thanks

Cheers - mine is light pink and petrol - something strange about that confession!!!

Thanks

What am I looking out for? - Toyota wanted £27 for 5 litres -

I believe the spec is on that service sheet I gave you. Find a good motor factor in the phone book and give them the spec. I think I pay half what you have been quoted.

I believe the spec is on that service sheet I gave you. Find a good motor factor in the phone book and give them the spec. I think I pay half what you have been quoted.

Only use "Toyota Super-Long Life Coolant" or similar high quality ethylene glycol based non-silicate, non-amine, non-nitrate and non-borate coolant

with long-life hybrid organic acid technology (coolant with long-life hybrid organic acid technology is a combination of low phosphates and organic acids)

My local toyota only had a 5 litre bottle. Is it available in smaller ones?

Thanks

I guess Kingo should be your first stop but I have only ever bought it in 5 litre bottles. This outfit seems to do smaller bottles;

http://top-oils.co.uk/inugel-optimal-ultra-litre-p-100.html?osCsid=461b8dca08d26dcacb70a556ad61b0a1

You'll be pleased to know it has a bitterness agent to deter you from drinking it! I would still give Kingo a call first.

I guess Kingo should be your first stop but I have only ever bought it in 5 litre bottles. This outfit seems to do smaller bottles;

http://top-oils.co.uk/inugel-optimal-ultra-litre-p-100.html?osCsid=461b8dca08d26dcacb70a556ad61b0a1

You'll be pleased to know it has a bitterness agent to deter you from drinking it! I would still give Kingo a call first.

If the pink collant has been/is causing cyliner head gasket problems should Toyota change it at a service FOC? Seems that would be a cheaper option for them than a warranty claim for a new head gasket and fitting time? Will ask RRG Stockport when my T180 has it second service on 26th March.

Guy

Its certainly worth asking although I think the new coolant goes along with a new head gasket design.

You could try places like Eurocarparts etc, they may be able to help you out here, there usually pretty good.

I know VW`s use a pink coolant, maybe this is the same spec? More investigation will be needed though.

Have a lookHERE

THISmay be of help?

I think its best to find out the correct spec toyota use? There should be a spec number/numbers for equivalent types,

But then again Toyota may not give out this spec so it can only be bought from themselves, Vw do this with their gear box oil, although it states to use GL4-5 75w90, Alot of gear box`s are notchy in the cold weather, they do supply an oil that stops all this but there is nothing writen on the bottle to identify the spec, so you have to pay VW prices for this special gearbox oil. sneeky eh?

(I have a feeling its a thinner oil, that reduces protection for the sake of a less nothy box hence no specs)

All the spec is available for the Toyota stuff but beware of just "pink" antifreeze. Some pink ones are alcohol based and are not recommended.

rav4_diesel.pdf

All the spec is available for the Toyota stuff but beware of just "pink" antifreeze. Some pink ones are alcohol based and are not recommended.

rav4_diesel.pdf

I had a look at this previously? but cannot see where it specifies the coolant spec, other than the amount to put in? Am I going blind? :eek:

rav4_diesel.pdf

I had a look at this previously? but cannot see where it specifies the coolant spec, other than the amount to put in? Am I going blind? :eek:

No sorry - that was for the oil. Just look up at Nick's post No 6 and it is there. Its in the manual I think.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links