Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What? No Heated Mirrors?

Paul Kent

What! No heated wing mirrors?! On my Prius Spirit 2008 I discovered, during the freezing winter weather, that the wing mirrors didn't de-frost. I assumed a fuse had blown or something. Then a Toyota mechanic (of all people) said, "Are you sure they're heated?" Well....it would NEVER have occurred to me that they might not be! I've tried to check the spec which says 'electric' but doesn't say 'heated' and it appears maybe they aren't. With everything Toyota threw onto the Prius, am I alone in my bewilderment? Paul.

What! No heated wing mirrors?! On my Prius Spirit 2008 I discovered, during the freezing winter weather, that the wing mirrors didn't de-frost. I assumed a fuse had blown or something. Then a Toyota mechanic (of all people) said, "Are you sure they're heated?" Well....it would NEVER have occurred to me that they might not be! I've tried to check the spec which says 'electric' but doesn't say 'heated' and it appears maybe they aren't. With everything Toyota threw onto the Prius, am I alone in my bewilderment? Paul.

I've noticed that the mirrors on my 2001 Yaris mist up easily, & need a wipe in cold weather. Even though it's fairly high spec the mirrors don't appear to be heated.

Well if you had a gen 3 Prius you'd be a happy bunny as they do have heated mirrors. In fact mine nicely defrosted this morning.

If I understand correctly, each region has some choice over the specification, and it seems that Toyota GB decided that heated external mirrors weren't necessary for the UK. I had found out before I choose to buy, but it was a difficult decision to make, because after owning a car with heated mirrors I didn't really want to go back to the unheated kind. In the past, there have been heated :) discussions between owners on forums about this issue or non-issue depending on their point of view.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links