Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lw Radio And 24 Hour Clock

Satnipper

Hi

Just bought a brand new Rav4 with NAV option which I am very happy with - so far! However the radio though very sensitive and with an excellent sound does not have Long Wave. Is there an offchance of enabling this somehow? Also can the clock be put into a 24 hour format?

Thaks

Satnipper

Hi

Just bought a brand new Rav4 with NAV option which I am very happy with - so far! However the radio though very sensitive and with an excellent sound does not have Long Wave. Is there an offchance of enabling this somehow? Also can the clock be put into a 24 hour format?

Thaks

Satnipper

Welcome to the club.

Our telecommunications guru is called shcm and he has just bought the same car as you with satnav. Just sit tight until he looks in and he will know the actual person that made your radio so he will advise you soon. I didn't think long wave was legal let alone still going. You should have opted for the valve wireless option :rolleyes::lol:

I didn't think long wave was legal let alone still going. You should have opted for the valve wireless option :rolleyes::lol:

Hey, I'll have you know that the radio4 long wave (198kHz) carrier, is an off air freqeuncy standard. Very important! :nono: :P :D. Actually, pulses out of a GPS receiver seem to be the preferred modern trend.

Anyway, I digress as usual. Sorry, I don't know if the thing can be modified to tune down to 150kHz. The previous unit did include LW. To find out if it can be modded, probably need a service manual for the unit at least. To be honest, I think it is a bit of a mistake not including LW. I know of many people who use LW R4 when they take the car into Europe. Used it myself. Even in the UK where FM doesn't get into some of the valleys and glens it can still be useful to some.

I suppose one easy option would be to plug the audio output from a separate LW receiver into the aux socket.

I've never found a way (or really looked that hard) of making the clock 24hr. Not even certain whether the display has seven segments in that position to display the "2" that would be needed (OK it only really needs 6 segments to do digits "1" and "2"). It may only have two segments, to display the "1". I'll have to have a closer look.

Hey, I'll have you know that the radio4 long wave (198kHz) carrier, is an off air freqeuncy standard. Very important! :nono: :P :D.

this is what i receive on my Lowe HF-150 when off-shore and no FM is to be received, or i get them on 6180khz, 12095khz or 15070khz B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links