Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wet Floor

YARIS_99

hi there just recently joined the club, i have a yaris 1999. i noticed the other day that the back floor was wet and it has stayed like thet for the last week or so. I have tried to dry it out but no luck?

If anyboby could help me with this matter i would be very greatfull

Thanking you in advance.

hi there just recently joined the club, i have a yaris 1999. i noticed the other day that the back floor was wet and it has stayed like thet for the last week or so. I have tried to dry it out but no luck?

If anyboby could help me with this matter i would be very greatfull

Thanking you in advance.

I've just had a similar problem with my 54 plate Yaris T-Sport so I hope I can save you the months of frustration I had in trying to trace the leak.

Firstly, I'm assuming that we are talking about the passenger side of the car. If so, is your front footwell wet as well? After eliminating obvious things such as dodgy window/door seals & hinges, faulty seals around the windscreen etc etc, you might want to try increasingly drastic measures. My suggestion would be to unclick the plastic trims and lift the carpets (I found that the underlays were absolutely wringing wet). In unclipping the plastic trims I found roughly where the water was coming in as, when it rained, there was a wet patch at the base of the A-pillar. Armed with this information, after contacting a couple of Toyota service centres who quite frankly couldn't have been anymore unhelpful and being more interested in telling me that it was going to cost a fortune to investigate and with no guarantee of solving the problem, I finally hit upon one who was extremely helpful and got the problem sorted but it did cost me just under £100 in labour.

A month later I am still drying my car out with old cloths and newspapers between the underlays and the carpet but it is steadily drying out.

I hope this helps.

VickyF

You say that the back floor is wet, do you mean behind the front seats or in the boot?

Has your car got 3 or 5 doors?

Bos

I've just had a similar problem with my 54 plate Yaris T-Sport so I hope I can save you the months of frustration I had in trying to trace the leak.

Firstly, I'm assuming that we are talking about the passenger side of the car. If so, is your front footwell wet as well? After eliminating obvious things such as dodgy window/door seals & hinges, faulty seals around the windscreen etc etc, you might want to try increasingly drastic measures. My suggestion would be to unclick the plastic trims and lift the carpets (I found that the underlays were absolutely wringing wet). In unclipping the plastic trims I found roughly where the water was coming in as, when it rained, there was a wet patch at the base of the A-pillar. Armed with this information, after contacting a couple of Toyota service centres who quite frankly couldn't have been anymore unhelpful and being more interested in telling me that it was going to cost a fortune to investigate and with no guarantee of solving the problem, I finally hit upon one who was extremely helpful and got the problem sorted but it did cost me just under £100 in labour.

A month later I am still drying my car out with old cloths and newspapers between the underlays and the carpet but it is steadily drying out.

I hope this helps.

VickyF

its at the back footwell and gets dryer as you get to the front footwell. i haven tried to remove the carpet but i will look into it.

i didnt relly want to take it to dealers as it will cost me an arm and leg. lol

thanks for the advise

You say that the back floor is wet, do you mean behind the front seats or in the boot?

Has your car got 3 or 5 doors?

Bos

its a 3 door. its the back footwell which is wet and it get dryer as you get to the from footwell. the boot is dry tho

Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links