Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alarm Problem

langers86

Hi Folks,

Over the past week or so my Corolla TS (2002) has had a problem with the Alarm going off for no reason. Now iv just done a quick search around and found the info regarding the pressure switch under the bonnet which i'll have a little crack at tomorrow.

One thing that is bugging me about this however, is the alarm goes off seriously on time, everyday at 8.30am! so much so that i now have my phone alarm set to 8.20am so i can go and stand at the kitchen window ready to knock it off with the remote, then, it is fine all day. doing this has also ruled out the chance of say someone going to work at the time and activating it, someone just fooling around etc

would anyone be aware why the system would have some kind of a 24hour timeout? because honestly it is perfect timing! problem even persists regardles of when the car was last used etc

all being well the pressure sensor mod will cure things, but think this is worth a ponder in the meantime.

cheers in advance fella's

mine is like clock work too........ it was the same time every day give or take a few minutes. it was all down the the sun rising! i kid you not.

small rubber rise on the underside of the bonnet and it has not happened since.

The bonnet switch is the usual culprit.

The interior microwave sensor operates in the same band as microwave ovens etc... if you are parked near (within 4 or 5 feet of one) that can set it off even if there's a wall between.

I had the same problem,

I tried taping the bonnet sensor down, to eliminate it before i went bending any brackets or anything. The alarm still went off.

Took it to toyota, half an hour later and it was fixed.

all they would tell me was a sensor needed adjusting. There were oily finger marks around the interior light fitting, so im guessing there was something under there that they adjusted

I posted a PDF manual for the alarm in the "Corolla Useful Info" pinned topic :thumbsup:

Cheers for the heads up and info guys had'nt come accross that manual so downlaoded a copy :thumbsup:

done the little mod, just no nailed a 5mm thick piece of fibre board to the bonnet so the sensor sits onto that, hopefully wont be getting that second alarm call tommorow haha!

really does make sense about the expansion, i only bought the car at the begininng of november so to be honest up until this past 2 weeks or so its done nothing but drive in arctic weather. so all being well this'll crack it.

im intrigued as to what a piece of fibreboard 'no nailed' to the underside of the bonnet looks like! lol

lol thats all that counts then.

i had visions of a chunk of wood smothered in no nails and slapped in the rough vacinity of the bonnet sensor. the classy look glue runs an all! lol

haha a proper hill billy job!

i tell ya something though i bet there are some good creations out there

I now have this problem, it's not the clock though because it is just doing it when it pleases.

I'll have a look under the bonnet and check the sensor.

Bloody irritating, I would complain that it's too sensitive but tbh that;s just a sign that Toyota want to keep your car safe! :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links