Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 1.8 Vvt-I 55 Plate - Any Major Concerns?

smallesttrade

Hi

I'm hopefully finally picking my car up today from Mr T and I have read through a lot of the threads. I have found a lot on excessive oil consumption but mainly from the pre 2002 models.

Do the cars after this date have less of a problem?

It won't change my mind as I really enjoyed driving the car, just slight concerns about future running costs.

Cheers

Dave

Hi

I'm hopefully finally picking my car up today from Mr T and I have read through a lot of the threads. I have found a lot on excessive oil consumption but mainly from the pre 2002 models.

Do the cars after this date have less of a problem?

It won't change my mind as I really enjoyed driving the car, just slight concerns about future running costs.

Cheers

Dave

Dave hi

I had 2003 avensis 1.8 and have sold it due to oil cons. issue -- be carefull.

Even 2004 are suffered from the same. Good searching/Igor

• Like 1

I had an 05 for nearly four years and the oil consumption was practillay zero , I would estimate less than a litre over the four year period.

• Like 1

:thumbsup: i have had my 1.8 vvti and touch wood never lost oil :yahoo: or had to top up ,,,,

Thanks all - picked it up on Thursday from Mr T. Both Wife and I are very happy so far - engine is so quiet compared to the 1.2 08 Renault Clio and the power difference is phenomenal!

Petrol consumption is around 38mpg so far. The only concern is the front right brake makes a high pitched noise, not sure what it is but not too worried.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links