Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changed Alarm Fob Battery And Now Not Working!

K19NE G

My key fob wasn't very sensitive (I had to be right beside the car window to lock/unlock the car) so I've just chanegd the Battery on my standard Toyota (one button) alarm key fob. Now it doesn't work :( Whilst doing this I also plugged out the "security" thingy beside the handbrake lever which has the red flashing light on it to see if there was anything I could clean as I thought this might be a sensor... Which of these has caused the problem? Hopefully not a re-programme at Toyota!?!? :unsure:

you need to resync it, i think its something to do with opening the doors in a certain sequence. I wish i could offer a more thorough response.

you need to resync it, i think its something to do with opening the doors in a certain sequence. I wish i could offer a more thorough response.

It's a start! At least I have a glimmer of hope that I can do a DIY job! :thumbsup: I was really worried this afternoon as the key itself didn't work in the lock (except for the boot) but then found out my spare key works fine - the regular key was really worn!

Okay, so who knows the sequence for re-setting the key fob?

if its a scorpion system, you go up to the car and hold down both buttons together until the light flashes. Not sure what you've got but worth a pop!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links