Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help With Stem Seals On 3sfe Engine?

skapunkninja

hey guys. i need to change the valve stem seals on my 2.0 3sfe engine. iv heard that theres a tool to get the valve springs out without removing the head, anyone know if thats true? and where i can get one? At £180 for a new head gasket, i REALLY dont wanna take the head off! :unsure:

Dont see how thats possible. Normally to remove the springs the compressor fits against the head of the valve so its got something to push against. To do what you're suggesting it sounds like you would need to put a tool into the spark plug hole and fiddle around till you found a valve head. When you say £180 for a head gasket i assume you're talking labour too. Sounds a good price to me, and they would or rather should change the cam belt too.

that £180 is just for the gasket, im a mechanic, so im not gonna pay some monkey to do the job for me :P When workin for peugeot, there was a tool we used, like a frame that bolted onto the engine, then had a hockey stick shaped lever, which levered down on the spring, allowing u to get the collets off...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links