Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Upgrading Headlight Bulbs Not Hid!

andytran

Hi all,

Picked up my 2.2 180 SR today - got a fantastic deal.

Traded in my 2008 BMW 320d SE - OK, the Auris is no BMW, but it was a great deal and saved me some serious money as redundancy is looming :(

Bought from Eastern Toyota in Edinburgh - dealt with Gavin Brown, brilliant deal, brilliant service cheers!! :yes:

Anyway, Im delighted with the car, even coming from the BMW, its not as bigger step down as I expected. Much better that the 1.8 Zetec S TDCi Focus that I nearly bought :wacko:

Question is - has anyone managed to upgrade the dipped headlight bulbs? (H11). If so, what (branded) bulbs did u go for and where from? Im struggling to find anything branded that will fit!

I dont plan on the expense of HIDs just yet but you never know!!

Its nice to be back in the familiar Auris - 2 yrs previously I had a 2.0D T3 - the SR180 is sooo much nicer with the lower suspension, spoiler, alloys etc!

Andy

Hi all,

Traded in my 2008 BMW 320d SE - OK, the Auris is no BMW, but it was a great deal and saved me some serious money as redundancy is looming :(

Bought from Eastern Toyota in Edinburgh - dealt with Gavin Brown, brilliant deal, brilliant service cheers!! :yes:

Anyway, Im delighted with the car, even coming from the BMW, its not as bigger step down as I expected. Much better that the 1.8 Zetec S TDCi Focus that I nearly bought :wacko:

Question is - has anyone managed to upgrade the dipped headlight bulbs? (H11). If so, what (branded) bulbs did u go for and where from? Im struggling to find anything branded that will fit!

Its nice to be back in the familiar Auris - 2 yrs previously I had a 2.0D T3 - the SR180 is sooo much nicer with the lower suspension, spoiler, alloys etc!

Andy

hid kits are really cheap now mate,can be bought for as little as £30 +p&p and very easy too fit.hids can work out cheaper than some of the normal bulbs....

ps western toyota camerontoll is better..... :yahoo::yahoo::toast::toast::toast:

Hi all,

Picked up my 2.2 180 SR today - got a fantastic deal...

Andy

Congrats for your new car, I hope you'll be very happy with your new Auris...

If you don't want to fit HIDs, the best option is Nightbreaker; despite of their shorter life span (at the same power, 55W, to obtain more light they had to make a thiner filament), you have with 80...90% more light and a little bit whiter than normal bulbs.

I experienced these bulbs with a car that had H4 bulbs, and the result is remarcable...

+1 for the NightBreakers!

Best regards, Alex

Hi all,

Andy

Hi Andy,

A little off topic, but I just thought I'd like to say I'm glad to hear your comments regarding the car.

I put a deposit on an Auris yesterday following seeing some models and a good test drive. But then I read so many bad comments online I got concerned, I've traded in my 2004 VW Passat against it and I'm looking forward to getting it.

For the record though, I fitted an HID Conversion Kit to my last couple of cars and was very impressed with the results. I want to avoid modding this one as possible so I'll be interested to see what the standard light is like.

Glad you are enjoying the car, I can't wait until I pick mines up on Wednesday. :)

Chris.

Hi all,

Andy

Hi Andy,

A little off topic, but I just thought I'd like to say I'm glad to hear your comments regarding the car.

I put a deposit on an Auris yesterday following seeing some models and a good test drive. But then I read so many bad comments online I got concerned, I've traded in my 2004 VW Passat against it and I'm looking forward to getting it.

For the record though, I fitted an HID Conversion Kit to my last couple of cars and was very impressed with the results. I want to avoid modding this one as possible so I'll be interested to see what the standard light is like.

Glad you are enjoying the car, I can't wait until I pick mines up on Wednesday. :)

Chris.

Hi Chris -

Hope your new car arrives without incident! My transaction was smooth as silk!

Im sure you'll like your auris. Like I said previously - its no BMW, but its a great second hand buy.

Some of the plastics are a bit cheap and Id like the steering wheel to be a bit thicker, especially on the SR180.

However, it feels like although there are a few little rattles caused by cheaper trim, it will go on forever.

Andy

• 11 months later...

Dear Tavy

Recently i have upgrade the bulbs (H11) on Auris with nightbraker plus from osram and it makes a lot of difference.

before i thought that i am driving in candles but know i am very pleased if not 100% satisfied with the lights of the car.

I would suggest nightbreaker plus to anyone that wants an easy quick way to upgrade his lights also osram know claims that nightbreaker plus have at least 30% more life than the older version of night breakers.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links