Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Diagnostic Socket

gsb104

hi

can anyone tell me where the diagnostic socket is on 2001 rav4

i have got the dreaded engine management light on

many thanks

Welcome to the club. A 4.2? There are specs on where the OBDII socket is and you will find a white thing under the dash near the steering column. Petrol or diesel? If it's petrol then it's probably an O2 sensor , have a search on here , if it's an oil burner then greater minds can comment.

hi

many thanks for your quick reply

mine is a petrol vvt-i

i will plug the scanner in tomorrow and see what it flashes up,after reading a few posts the 02 sensor does look favourite but looks like a difficult thing to repair properly

just wondering,is it safe to drive if this is the fault?

It's usually the heater circuit gone. It should be OK to drive until you get it changed. It's about £250 from Mr T. If you DIY I think you have to be careful it doesn't damage the manifold. Others on here have done it and may be along soon. You will probably see that there are threads about which is Bank1/2 and sensor 1/2 but if you need help please post as we are (mostly) a friendly bunch.

hi

i have checked the code this morning and it read P0420 catalyst efficiency below threshold[bank 1]

does anyone have any idea which sensor this is

also i read on the forum there is a software update from toyota mine has done 97000 miles

i have only just bought the car,is there any way i could find out if it has had this update

Ah. That's probably not the sensors then but the cat. I'm going to try to attach something that may help.

edit:looks ok you should be able to magnify the text.There was a thread about this code back in Feb? 2008 as I e-mailed someone with this scan before I learnt the delights of adding attachments.

post-24182-127012950709_thumb.jpg

hi

thanks for the reply

thats a great piece of information

i guess the investigation has only just begun

while i am on, would it make any difference if i fitted 225/70/r16 tyres on the rear of my car instead of the 215/70/r16 it has on at the moment, as they seem to be easier to come by

• 10 years later...

I have a rav4 1997 model and am wondering where I can find the obd2 port

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links