Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lambda Senor Please Help? Mr2 Roadster

boxer33

Hi,please can someone help me???

Bought my mr2 roadter few weeks back.gye told me the engine managment light came on and the garage said it was the lambda sensor.He bought the sensor and told me i can have it.Unfortunatly i havnt any idea how to fit it???? Is it in the engine bay or in the car itself?Ive heard ther are a few sensors how do i know witch one? The car is an jap import so does this make a diffrence? Please can someone help me on this topic or lead me i the right directions as i do not hav hundreds of pounds to spend at a garage.Thank a lot :)

There are 3 sensors on the Roadster, 2x in the manifold and 1x after the main cat (not sure.. but maybe the japspec doesn't have one after the cat?)

To know what sensor you may need to change you would need to get the error code read, not as easy as you might think because most garages and most code readers readily available cannot read the jap spec ECU, if you can find somewhere to read the code then we can tell you what sensor you may need to change.

What I would do 1st is reset the ECU by disconnecting the Battery for around 10 minutes, this will turn off the engine management light, then drive the car as normal (it may feel slightly sliggish for a few miles, but that wll clear once the fuel trims are re-learned) and see if the light comes back on, if it stays off then nothing to worry about, if it comes back on then you have a problem.

If you can't get the code read then you can buy a sensor and change one of them, disconnect the Battery after the swap to reset things again and go for a drive to see if the light returns, if it stays out.. problem solved, if it comes back on swap the other sensor with the one you removed earlier... this sensor may be ok and the the one you swap over now maybe the faulty one... trial and error method, remember though, you may need both or all three sensors, although this would be very unusual.

As for how to change them... very simple, but you will need an o2 sensor socket.. eBay or your local motor factors can help.

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=83024

other usefull hints and tips...

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65122

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links