Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reverse Camera

paulmel

Hi all,

I fitted a keyhole type reverse camera last year to my Rav and it worked fine for a while apart from water ingress behind the lens. It used to dry out after a while but eventually the water remained there all the time and now it doesn't work at all (only a cheap camera so not too surprised). Anyway, bought a new one that fits in place of one of the number plate lights but it only fits on the Rav WITH a rear mounted wheel and mine is the model without (so for sale if anyone interested, P.M. for details)

So my question is , has anyone got a D.I.Y. camera fitted that is WATERPROOF and not WATER RESISTANT ?

If so , where did you get it from and how much did you pay for it?

I wonder if the O.E.M. one is a way forward but I suspect the price would be a shocker !!!!

Cheers.

but it only fits on the Rav WITH a rear mounted wheel and mine is the model without (so for sale if anyone interested, P.M. for details)

Is that the one on eBay from Hong Kong for about 20 quid? I was going to try it, as it looked like a reasonably well thought out design - and cheap. But had a look on my T180 and didn't think it would fit properly. Shame.

but it only fits on the Rav WITH a rear mounted wheel and mine is the model without (so for sale if anyone interested, P.M. for details)

Is that the one on eBay from Hong Kong for about 20 quid? I was going to try it, as it looked like a reasonably well thought out design - and cheap. But had a look on my T180 and didn't think it would fit properly. Shame.

Yes, that's the one. Postage was nearly as much as the item itself.

And I agree it looks like a decent design but they only fit in the slot of the number plate light of the model with thr rear wheel. The number plate lights are a different size (bigger) and in a slightly different location (half way up rear door as opposed to in rear bumper) on model without rear wheel.

Shame as it claims to have a pretty good I.P. rating

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links