Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Helppp

Rayn

Im new on here so greetings to everybody.

Right i own a 1990 mr2 2.0gti 16v but im having a few issues with it.

On start up if she is cold it simply cuts out or sits at like 300 rpm sounding like she wants to cut off hence i have to keep the rev on a little bit until she is warm. Once shes warm she runs me from A - B.

This seems to be affecting the power though. From 1000rpm to 2000rpm she is very jumpy, 3000rpm to 4000rpm she runs beautifully but then 4000rpm to 5000rpm feels like the engine is holding back but as soon as 5500rpm kicks in you can feel the real pull.

Today i changed my coilpack and amplifier/igniter (got the part from http://www.mr2-ben.co.uk/ to which he said he tested it and its fine). The reason i did this is because i had it rolling roaded and had a diagnostic check done on it and they said that was the issue and it was unable to burn fuel fast enough because there wasnt enough of a spark. It also did a whopping 85bhp on the rolling road of a possible 160bhp.... :unsure:

Ive had it fully serviced ie oil change, dizzy cap changed, plugs, new leads, filters etc

I took her for a run earier to burn off the massive £10 i put in and when i got her home i realised that my manifold was glowing red hot and i know that shouldnt be happening on a non turbo car even if i did give her some stick.

Im very confused and have no idea what the problem is...any ideas??????

thanks

p.s. sorry for the longggg message lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links