Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To Alter Headlight Beam

Myko

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the headlight beam on my 2007 Avensis? I can change it using the wheel below the steering wheel but it still only moves the beam about 10 meters along the ground and not giving me enough distance down the country lanes?

Is there a way to manually adjust this?

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the headlight beam on my 2007 Avensis? I can change it using the wheel below the steering wheel but it still only moves the beam about 10 meters along the ground and not giving me enough distance down the country lanes?

Remove the plastic covers over the radiator and behind the headlamp fitting is a small white plastic hexagon head. Loosening the bolt lifts the beam. It is best to have the lamps shining on a wall to get both beams the same and not to raise them enough to blind drivers in front.

Fitter

Remove the plastic covers over the radiator and behind the headlamp fitting is a small white plastic hexagon head. Loosening the bolt lifts the beam. It is best to have the lamps shining on a wall to get both beams the same and not to raise them enough to blind drivers in front.

Fitter

Just to add a little to Fitter's reply, with the car 25 foot from a wall and on level ground, measure the centre height of the headlamp. Headlamps on full beam, measure the centre height of the beam on the wall. Set them so the centre of the beam is very slightly lower or the same as the centre of the headlamps but no higher. Do this setting with the interior adjuster set at '0'.

Thanks for your help guys, I have done it this evening, it was a white plastic hexagon head, with a cut out for a straight screwdriver. (just incase it differs from car/car)

Myko

• 2 years later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links