Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Increase Mileage

mimic

Hi,

my Prado currently does around 5Km to the liter of petrol. Is this normal ?

is there anything I can do to increase the mileage ?

Thanks

Hi,

my Prado currently does around 5Km to the liter of petrol. Is this normal ?

is there anything I can do to increase the mileage ?

Thanks

I've seen figures of around 6.5km/l (15l/100km) posted elsewhere. Depends if you do any real offroad I suppose. Just be gentle with the accelerator and avoid high speeds is the only way I know to reduce consumption :(

Yeah I guess that's the only way :)

I've seen on the internet these various devices you put into your vehicle to increase mileage, one was I think cyclone or something. Do these things work for real or it just makes things worse ? Don't mind trying something like that.

Thanks

I've seen on the internet these various devices you put into your vehicle to increase mileage, one was I think cyclone or something. Do these things work for real or it just makes things worse ? Don't mind trying something like that.

Don't know anything about those. Have you got a link? The only way that I can imagine that it has any real effect is if it reduces the power of the engine :(

• 2 weeks later...

It seemed fairly expensive until I remembered that it's in $Aus :lol:

I'd say that I would be doubtful of their claims, because modern engines try to take advantage of the circulation of the air/fuel mixture in the chamber (but I may be wrong :D ). On the other hand there are specific cases where magazines are quoted. If you trust these mags to be independent (and not being paid by Hiclone to advertise their product) then it might be worth a try.

They are confident enough to offer you a 30 day money back guarantee... so in your place I'd be tempted to give it a go. Theoretically you should see the improved fuel economy from the very start. 30 days should be well enough to confirm their claims.

My opinion... give it a go :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

Hi.,

Have you tried the Hiclone and/or ITG filter?

Do they work?

Are both necessary?

Is there real saving?

Cheers,

Dom.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links