Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Squeal When Pulling Off At Low Revs?

tezauk

Hi All,

I have a bit of an odd one here, my car has started to squeal when taking off in first or low rev in second but only for a second and only at very low revs?? I am thinking it could be the alternator belt or one of the others slipping but I could be wrong.

The Car is a 54 T sport with 42k on the clock and serviced last at 39k so all should be good (fingers crossed) has anyone had this or could shed some light on it that would be great.

Or failing that guess it will be a trip to MR T.

Thanks TEZA

Hi All,

I have a bit of an odd one here, my car has started to squeal when taking off in first or low rev in second but only for a second and only at very low revs?? I am thinking it could be the alternator belt or one of the others slipping but I could be wrong.

The Car is a 54 T sport with 42k on the clock and serviced last at 39k so all should be good (fingers crossed) has anyone had this or could shed some light on it that would be great.

Or failing that guess it will be a trip to MR T.

Thanks TEZA

Could be possibly the belt although i do get a squeal sometimes when moving off for the first time. as soon as i touch the brakes it disappears & it never bothers me.

Check the ribbed belt. If it shows horizontal cracks then its time to change it. i would at 40+k anyway. Wear marks on the belt are easily visible. save yourself some money & do it yourself. get one here....dead easy to change.

http://www.thehappymotorist.co.uk/fan-belts/fan-belts4.php?psid=7&Vehicle_ID=2402

failing that, it could be the clutch??

my old mans rover (may it rust in peace) had the same problem, we checked the belt and everything else and in the end it turned out that the clutch was slipping. it got soo bad in the end that you had to rev it to 3k before you could lift the clutch out slowly wihtout stalling! tho that is the worst case scenario

i think its non of the above its the common rattling kind of sound when pulling off. Its probably the manifold heatshield.

Is it a rattle or proper squealing

Thanks all for the help, I don't think it's the clutch I have no problems taking off at all and if I give it some revs around 2krpm it does not do the squeal, it only does it if I have been lazy and just about take off and just over 1krpm and I get a Real but little squeal no rattles, well not a low speeds it rattles enough hitting 8k :P I will keep an eye on it and see what happens

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links