Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front Left Wheel Disassembled

mihalis

Dear friends

a problem that , according to toyota garage here in cyprus has never occured ever , even in the whole world again, made me to post here and ask for your help!

While i was leaving my job driving my LC 20 mtrs from the gate infront of all my colleges , and without any reason while driving smoothly on an even road , my front left wheel was totally disassembled from the brackets and felt down under my car. Does anyone knows if this is the only case , and if so , what could be the possible reason? thank you in advance , waitting for your reply ( my car was not used hard and was driven only in high way having its services frequently -regurarly in toyota garage)

You don't say how old the car/wheel is huh.gif

I have never heard of such a thing happening unless the wheel is stressed to the extreme unsure.gif

I wish you well in your quest to sort things out thumbsup.gif

the car is a 1999 year of made,(10 years old) this does not excuse anything into this incident specially when this car was never used hard . please if you know smthng or if you hear anything under any circumstances pls let me know. (sorry for late replying but i hardly find time for internet , thank you)

is it reasonable a car of this class after ten years of gentle use to have an incident like this ?

The wheel may have suffered some extreme stress in it life, for instance, it may have run on a flat tyre for a long time, or was driven into a kerb or pothole. This can causes stresses on the wheel that you cannot see. A new tyre may have been fitted and it is only now that the stress has given way and the wheel collapsed. Is it a steel wheel or alloy?

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

is it reasonable a car of this class after ten years of gentle use to have an incident like this ?

Mihalis,

Did you earlier mention "your colleges"?

Most vehicles after 10years of use,become rusted or seized together, making it pretty difficult to dismantle,let alone fall apart.

My personal guess would be sabotage,a prank possibly by your misguided mates???? Unless of course something broke.?? You are not really very clear about where or what dismanteled from what.

Cheers Greg.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links