Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1St Hybrid Auris Rolls Off Production Line

johalareewi

Some interesting comments..... However.... Those other cars mentioned are not toyota's are they... Reliability??

Has Toyota ever adequately explained why a punter in the market for a hybrid would choose the Auris over the Prius?

I mean, it's no greener, no more economical, and no more tax efficient. Worse, it's a much smaller car for the same price.

Unless there's some clear differentiation between the two models, I can see the Auris hybrid flopping badly.

Has Toyota ever adequately explained why a punter in the market for a hybrid would choose the Auris over the Prius?

I mean, it's no greener, no more economical, and no more tax efficient. Worse, it's a much smaller car for the same price.

Unless there's some clear differentiation between the two models, I can see the Auris hybrid flopping badly.

That's what I thought but talking to some of my customers about hybrids (happens about 10 times a day!)I have mentioned the Auris hybrid and a significant number like the idea of a hybrid in a 'normal' car and without making s statement like some believe the Prius does.

It's also made in the UK which again is important to some.

Time will tell, but I think the more hybrids in the range the better.

This may only be the second Toyota badged hybrid in the range but Lexus (posh Toyota) have had hybrid variants across the range for a while so it is not a new concept for consumers.

Is it not cheaper than the Prius ?

Is it not cheaper than the Prius ?

Only by around £900. But I still with my previous comment, some will like the Auris because it isn't a Prius. Upon checking the price information I notice that Toyota have increased the price of the basic Prius to £19,855! Keeps on going up.

They've got an Auris Hybrid at my dealers. Had a look round it the other day whilst I was waiting for them to sort my car out. The one thing I would say is - boy the boot is tiny!!! The Auris boot isn't fantastic but maybe in keeping with other cars of its class, but the hybrid version with the same batteries as the Prius have been crammed into it raising the boot floor. There is a cubby hole area under the boot floor in similar fashion to the Prius but it has been compartmentalised. No good for suitcases but great for the odd shopping bag.

The other thing about the Auris Hybrid I noticed is that the gear change is the wrong way round. They've obviously only produced LHD versions and thought "sod it, it'll do like this for the UK". Odd seeing as it's made in the UK and that the Prius manages to swap it over for RHD.

I did like the dash though and especially the fact that it's made in the UK.

there is going to be a "volume maximiser" for the boot available shortly. it looks like its the same box underneath but without the dividers. might help a bit but yeah it is small

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links